SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. exce

Improve Excel when editing online versus using Excel. Currently either important functions are missing (too many to list) or it works slowly. I usually can only go 5 minutes before I 'edit in excel'. That's all well and good, but editing in excel turns off the multiple editors function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Depricated Report Indicators Still Visible in SharePoint Online UI

SharePoint List Report Indicators/Dashboards have apparently been deprecated but still are available apps to add with SharePoint Online - this is confusing to customers who see this as a visible option when the feature does not work (Confirmed by support in case number SRX616071993868890ID).

I received no notification of this feature being deprecated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix the new document library experience

The new document library experience looks great but it has couple of issues.

1. User gets the old experience when clicking on a document set. This is a bit disappointing as we are
      suggesting the clients do not use folders and use document sets with metadata instead.

2. The top navigation within the new document library experience does not display the site navigation correctly. I would expect it to
      display the same Global Navigation as the Site which the user has just come from.

I hope Microsoft update the document set experience soon so that we can guide our clients in the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate Azure RMS with sharing features

SharePoint Online has a feature by which you can invite a user to view a document, whether the user is internal or external. Expanding this feature to enable an Azure RMS-protected document to be shared externally, by adding the invitees to the rights of the document, would be tremendously convenient. In general, integrating RMS with SharePoint is becoming an increasingly-requested feature by many customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Breadcrumbs

Please add breadcrumbs when you navigate into folders

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Download folder & Multiple files in Sharepoint

It would be very handy to be able to download folders. Even if they get zipped upon extraction, it would be really useful and make working on line simple.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. export to excel

Bring back 'export to excel' to the new document library experience

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bulk approve/reject documents

Ability to bulk 'approve/reject' documents.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Folder Upload capability on Office365 SharePoint

It would be extremely helpful if I could upload folders and all content within onto the documents section of a SharePoint site. Does not seem to make sense that only documents can be uploaded, and that I have to create the folder names from scratch on Office365 SharePoint before uploading documents into those folders. It makes it difficult to make the switch from an older version of SharePoint to Office365 SharePoint, which seems counterintuitive and rather frustrating since the whole purpose of Office365 is to make such tasks simpler.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. File Search

A file search on every folder screen would be extremely helpful. Especially considering you've added virtual scrolling when the folder contains several files; it can be a little tedious if the file is at the bottom and you have to wait on virtual scrolling to load more than once.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email Enabled Libraries

Email enabled list for SharePoint Online, this was a great feature for direct interaction with sharepoint via mail, although site mail box is a similar concept, would love to see email enabled lists in 0365.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search folder options

Bring back folder options for search.

Previously, in search, you could go directly to a folder that had the file you were looking for.

Now, you can only open the file in the screen.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Comment on Yammer from Delve blog (Thumbnail not appearing)

The thumbnail of the Delve blog posted on the Yammer network is not being displayed/previewed. I understand that this is by 'design' as per described by the Yammer team:
    Cause: If a page isn't publicly accessible, we can't scrape a preview of the data.
    Resolution: Yammer uses an internal service to visit the page and if this internal service cannot reach the page at an object’s URL (because it’s behind a firewall or requires authentication), we cannot gather a preview of the data. This is by-design.

It would provide a better integration if Yammer would allow scrapping of Delve images…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select the default language of automatically created sites

I would like to select the default language of automatically created sites.

Default language of My Site(included OD4B) depends on default language of "My Site host", and that depend on the language used when tenant was created.  As a result My Site(included OD4B) may be unintentional language settings. I would like to be able to change the language of any sites.

Currently we have some issues.

e.g. Cannot change the language of my alert on OneDrive for Business.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A portal to get clients

Does Microsoft have a portal to showcase the products/skillsets and get clients? I love and explore SharePoint and would to know if there any portal or link in SharePoint or Microsoft where people can get their own projects sold? Would like to promote usage of SharePoint as well get custom business requirements done in the fastest and simplest way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the option to choose whether breadcrumbs and quick launch show or not per page

when creating a page, sometimes it's helpful if we can design further than only the central content on the page. sometimes it's more visually appealing without the breadcrumbs and things on the top. Templates under look&feel are not flexible enough to allow me to do what I want.

It would be nice if it was possible to drag and drop contents in the full page as necessary. Something more like wix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple files Check In/Check Out with new look

With the new SharePoint document libraries "New look", I can not do the multiple check Out/check in. It would be nice to have that option handy.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. modifying _layouts/sharepoint.aspx page

give options / settings to modify basic look and feel on https://annu28.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx. user should be able to choose which Team sites tiles should display on this page.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mulitple Folder Upload

I can't seem to upload folders of documents, so I have to create folders and then upload the files in batches. It would be much quicker to upload a whole batch of folders.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base