SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Top navigation on the new document library look

It is crucial for many of our customers that they do not get their top-menu in SharePoint removed when accessing document libraries (the new OneDrive for Business look). Please make it possible to activate this so the users are not "lost" in their own intranet.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick Views support in Document Library UI

Ok, so quick edit views seem to be not supported in the new UI...you can create a new quick edi view, but you can only use in the old UI. It could be nice, and necessary, to add support to quick views in the new UI

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow document to open in new tab on right click

I should be able to right click on a document in a library and open it in a new browser tab.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the "(+) new document" button in doclib match available ContentTypes in the New button from Ribbon.

Please make the "(+) new document" button from the web part and document libraries match available CTs as the ones available under the "New" button from the Ribbon. Please also include "Document sets" in the available CTs :)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Connected Web Parts in Modern Pages

Whilst the modern pages are improving all the time, with new web parts and layouts, I would like to see web part connections being made available in modern pages. This is extremely useful, especially when creating dashboard pages.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep Designer in SharePoint 2016

I heard that in SharePoint 2016 there was NOT going to be any SharePoint Designer! PLEASE! I use it almost daily to provide simple workflows such as email to colleagues and other options that "Out of the Box" functionality can not allow and where InfoPath does not provide "If Then" statements for the ability to create Calendar items if conditions are met.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Site Settings option missing in the Modern pages

In SharePoint Online, the site settings option is missing in all the modern pages. It looks weird for all the users as they don't find the direct option to access the site settings page from the landing page of the site. It would be great if you include the site settings option in the modern pages/sites.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Submit attachments into SP List using Power Apps

Hi,
    It would be great that we can store the captured invoice into SharePoint List

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show me all my followed sites in one place

I'm looking at the new SharePoint page (formerly Sites) and I can't see an way of viewing at the full set of sites that I'm following. There are five of the sites I'm "Following" in the Sidebar and I can see some of these (and others) that I'm following on the main page (solid stars) under "Frequent". There doesn't seem to be a way of just listing all the sites that I'm following, which I could do before.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More than 4 news items in web part

I would like to see the option to view more than 4 news items in the news web part

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep new and old document library view

This is great but the option to use the older library by default should be available. The admin should be able to select the "one drive" view or the SharePoint view. It also should reflect the branding applied to the site in this version it seems that the user went to other site. The navigation from SharePoint should be always visible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. moodle alternative

Provide a noodle alternative on office 365 us g SharePoint online with bide, sway, mix.

Build out a full leaning management system. SharePoint is already 80%of the way mclose the gap with turn key solution

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a webpart for modern pages where users can rate the page and metadata about the page is shown

Pages that contain an internal knowledge base it would be nice to show some metadata, like an info Square, where it can show metadata (what process, Customer, Product it applies to) and the rating. Also let the reader rate the page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pls create zones in the toolbox on modern pages to discern between the oob responsive webparts and the legacy add-ins (app parts) introduced

You just introduced the ability on modern pages to show add-ins and app parts. Ok, great thing so far, but pls put a kind of delimitier in the toolbox of the modern pages between the oob responsive new modern webparts and the "legacy" add-ins (app parts). Without such delimiter (be it a line or anything) it is really not easily discernable for the users creating content on a page which webpart will be responsive oob and which may be a problem on small devices. To really get the mobile first strategy going, you need to make sure it is easy…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Optimal Image Size for Hero and Images

Please provide information on what image sizes and ratios will fit best on the Hero Web parts panes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change the ‘Site Contents’ page

The ‘Site Contents’ page (_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx) is not user friendly when you have a lot of lists and apps. Make subdivisions for libraries, lists, apps,… like SharePoint 2010. Also remove the tiles. It is too overwhelming.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We agree – we’re rolling out a refreshed page design that removes the tiles and makes the experience easier to view and navigate. We’re also including some preliminary analytics to help site owners and members understand site activity and what content is being read. We’re just rolling out to First Release this month, so if you don’t see the experience yet, you can get more information here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/The-SharePoint-Site-Contents-page-ba495c1e-00f4-475d-97c7-b518d546566b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

17. web apps integration included

You guys really ought to license the Office Web apps as part of SharePoint without needing to setup individual user licenses. My company just moved over our intranet to SharePoint and I tried editing a spreadsheet in the browser from a computer that does not have a modern version of Excel installed and it says Web apps is not licensed. You are bundling web apps with OneDrive and with your Office365 subscribers. SharePoint is already expensive enough to not include this for free.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Videos

Love the videos!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Quick Links Web Part

For quick links web part, I would love to be able to change the formatting - like tiles instead of these large cards, or shrink the size to fit many more cards than what is currently available

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to resize webparts and put them next to eachother

In modern webpages there is not so much control to create a custom look and feel for sharepointpages. For example you can't move webparts next to eachother, can't resize webparts, can't make the header less bulky... It would be great to have more control.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base