SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow News Digest Emails to pull from multiple sources

The News web part can pull news posts from multiple sites, however the Digest email only appears to be able to pull from one site. It'd be great if I could create a digest that pulls from all the sources that a web part pulls from. This would allow for multiple communication sites to be used for a single email digest and would increase buy-in from our internal communications team, as well as the various departments which want to communicate within the organization.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can actually already do this today, but thanks for submitting this suggestion to help us update our help documentation. If you create a page, with a news web part, pulling from the sites you want to make a digest for, and then click the see all link on that news web part, you’ll be able to create a news digest, selecting posts from the various sites you configured to include.

We’ll update this help article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-and-send-a-news-digest-42efc3c6-605f-4a9a-85d5-1f9ff46019bf

2. Events Roll Up Web Part on Hub Site

We love the new hub site feature, and the roll ups for sites and highlighted content. What we really need is a roll up web part for events, so that all event calendars accross the hub can show on one webpart.
    Uses for this would be to show all events, company wide, happening this week.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Hubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hub site navigation size

Please make the navigation items of the Hub site navigation bigger. More in taste of the command bar for instance or the normal site navigation. It is to small at the moment and I get a lot of comments on this from clients.

Thanks in advance,
    Robert Schouten

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Hubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connected Web Parts in Modern Pages

Whilst the modern pages are improving all the time, with new web parts and layouts, I would like to see web part connections being made available in modern pages. This is extremely useful, especially when creating dashboard pages.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Submit attachments into SP List using Power Apps

Hi,
    It would be great that we can store the captured invoice into SharePoint List

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep Designer in SharePoint 2016

I heard that in SharePoint 2016 there was NOT going to be any SharePoint Designer! PLEASE! I use it almost daily to provide simple workflows such as email to colleagues and other options that "Out of the Box" functionality can not allow and where InfoPath does not provide "If Then" statements for the ability to create Calendar items if conditions are met.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Site Settings option missing in the Modern pages

In SharePoint Online, the site settings option is missing in all the modern pages. It looks weird for all the users as they don't find the direct option to access the site settings page from the landing page of the site. It would be great if you include the site settings option in the modern pages/sites.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show me all my followed sites in one place

I'm looking at the new SharePoint page (formerly Sites) and I can't see an way of viewing at the full set of sites that I'm following. There are five of the sites I'm "Following" in the Sidebar and I can see some of these (and others) that I'm following on the main page (solid stars) under "Frequent". There doesn't seem to be a way of just listing all the sites that I'm following, which I could do before.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability filter events on events webpart

Can you add the additional ability to filter events on a webpart between a specific

'From' and 'To' date as is available on the All event page.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More than 4 news items in web part

I would like to see the option to view more than 4 news items in the news web part

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep new and old document library view

This is great but the option to use the older library by default should be available. The admin should be able to select the "one drive" view or the SharePoint view. It also should reflect the branding applied to the site in this version it seems that the user went to other site. The navigation from SharePoint should be always visible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. moodle alternative

Provide a noodle alternative on office 365 us g SharePoint online with bide, sway, mix.

Build out a full leaning management system. SharePoint is already 80%of the way mclose the gap with turn key solution

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a webpart for modern pages where users can rate the page and metadata about the page is shown

Pages that contain an internal knowledge base it would be nice to show some metadata, like an info Square, where it can show metadata (what process, Customer, Product it applies to) and the rating. Also let the reader rate the page.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pls create zones in the toolbox on modern pages to discern between the oob responsive webparts and the legacy add-ins (app parts) introduced

You just introduced the ability on modern pages to show add-ins and app parts. Ok, great thing so far, but pls put a kind of delimitier in the toolbox of the modern pages between the oob responsive new modern webparts and the "legacy" add-ins (app parts). Without such delimiter (be it a line or anything) it is really not easily discernable for the users creating content on a page which webpart will be responsive oob and which may be a problem on small devices. To really get the mobile first strategy going, you need to make sure it is easy…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Hubs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Admin

Add Team Sites to SharePoint Admin Centre

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conditional formatting system as in Excel

Conditional formatting system as in Excel

For Sharepoint to be customized easily for power users or advanced users without coding experience, JSON is a nightmare

Users should have the choice to opt for graphic (excel type) or coding system to format each column

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow alternate row formatting in Modern Lists

To improve visual accessibility, could you allow a simple way to colour the background of every other list item's row?
    Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  3 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Conditional Formatting for List fields.

For status, I have a choice field in a list. In order to have it change colors, I have to produce some ridiculous JSON. Please have a look at SmartSheet. They have a completely simple way to enable conditional formatting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

boom! it's done  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Optimal Image Size for Hero and Images

Please provide information on what image sizes and ratios will fit best on the Hero Web parts panes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base