SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TAR number on traveler's list

In the old Sharepoint site, a traveler used to be able to see the TAR# assigned as soon as they drafted a request. I can no longer see my TAR number to document it for expenses, etc....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Work flow content

Hey! I am sending the Workflow info that Catherine had sent us. I tried searching for it here, but got other things in the search. Will send an email to Sarah now.
    Q

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier editing & publishing

Ideally, if I click edit, I should be able to edit every page and have the option to publish the whole site everytime I update - or also be able to publish each individual page (i.e. the way it is now) - this would be a cool update!
    Also, if I hover or right-click on an element while I'm NOT in edit mode but I have permissions to edit, I should technically be able to go into edit more with a click. This would make it super easy to do thorough checks just before my intranet goes live and/or while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Document name needs to be shown correctly

I am having issues locating the document I want to view as sharepoint doesn't allow me to view the entire name of the document meaning I have to view thirty or forty documents until I find what I want. Please design it so the entire wording of the document is shown to make it more efficient for us to us. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tilgangsstyring

Tilgangsstyring må gjøres tilgjengelig. Vi trenger en liten diskusjon med deg på dette

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Verschieben nach Funkion auch bei geöffneten Dokument

Zum Sortieren von Dokumenten reicht die Kachelansicht meist nicht aus. Leider steht in der Großansicht (öffnen des Dokuments im Browser) nur eine "Kopieren nach" - Funktion und nicht mehr die "Verschieben nach" - Funktion zur Verfügung.

Es wäre schön, wenn die "Verschieben nach" - Funktion auch im geöffneten Dokument verfügbar wäre - oder eine größere Vorschaufunktion im re Fensterteil möglich wäre.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to work offline or fix the open mode so format stays real

When opening a document, it would be nice to have a choice to either work on the document online or open offline to edit. This is because still today on 365 when opening on sharepoint any doc that has headers becomes all messy with headers and formatting. just a suggestion! (and add just a quick popup to remind people that they are working offline and they may loose the work if they dont save)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to open files with Modern UI regardless the setting of UI.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    検索結果画面からファイルを開く場合の動作について
    Allow us to open files with Modern UI regardless the setting of UI.

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online の検索結果画面からファイルを開いた場合、ファイルはクラシック表示で開かれる動作となることを確認しました。

しかしながら、PDF ファイルなどはファイルを開く際の表示形式により、以下の通り動作が異なることを確認しています。
    ・クラシック表示 - ファイルがダウンロードされる。Adobe Reader などのアドオンが存在する場合は、アドオンを使用してプレビュー表示される。
    ・モダン表示 - SharePoint Online の機能でプレビュー表示される。
    ドキュメント ライブラリをモダン表示で固定し使用していると動作が異なる状況となります。

動作を統一するためにも検索結果画面からファイルを開く場合にモダン表示で開く機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to open files with Modern UI when the file is opened from the search result at SharePoint Online.

Currently, those files are opened with classic UI, but opening PDF file have different behavior depend on the UI.

・Classic – Files are downloaded. If there is an add-on such as Adobe Reader, those files are displayed in preview.
    ・Modern – Files…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SOC Brochure

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the professional brochures for SOC! A couple of changes: 1. Lottery information needs to be changed to align with the current process. Samantha Spencer would be the resource for those changes. 2. The time frame for the lottery is wrong. Perhaps sticking to a general time from would make the brochure have a longer shelf life. 3. How difficult would it be to change the photo of the girl playing recorder to a strings or band instrument photo? We don't do any recorder work at CDSA. Perhaps this last item is a non-issue, so a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Changed Header Image

I took the liberty of generating a less funky header image but we could still probably make something more professional. Surprised I have the privileges required to edit the home page actually...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enhanced filtering

The current filter fields are insufficient. There either needs to be further detail from a sector perspective or owner. As an example looking at Ann Hammond there are over two pages of observations and I needed to pass over it more than once to find the observation that needs to be updated. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Membership Invitation ISSUES

Why when I said an invite to a member via the add members section of a sharepoint site, does it give them an email invitation that says view document library? When i said an invite via email through permisisions add member, it will give them a personalized invitation that sends them to the home page of the site (AS IT SHOULD). However, they will not show up as a member if done this way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow adding specific file to Favorites

Add a right-click option to add a specific file in the file library to your Favorites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SharePoint Page: Add Table of Context to Textbox Web Part

Add Table of Contents to the Text Box web part in a SharePoint site Pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate Conversocial

There should be a connector for the Conversocial Social Media customer service platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SW manual

Along with installation manual, it would be interesting a link to the current SVT or how to use the current (or the latest delivered) SW version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. it will be ok on PDF format

I will be glad if I can have the G.R.O.W model coaching toolkit in a PDF format sent to my mail, thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. combine internal and ext # for Student Health

can the internal and external numbers for student health be placed on the same line?
    and can the assist line numbers for these units be placed on this page as well?
    and can the control F function be enabled for *All the circles (on the main or secondary page)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. СПОРТ В РЕГИОН

В Нижнем Новгороде находится достаточно немаленькое подразделение ЛК Европлан. В коллективе достаточно много заинтересованных лиц в активном образе жизни. Но вот в чем вопрос, у ЛК Европлан в регионе (Нижнем Новгороде) нет партнерских программ с фитнес клубами, что очень сильно влияет на эмоциональный фон сотрудников (огорчает) . Во всех крупных компаниях с которыми мы конкурируем, есть партнерские программы в регионах, потому что компании заинтересованы в здоровье сотрудников и их работоспособности. Да и для привлечения новых сотрудников в компанию, которая ориентирована на рост и развитие - присутствие данных условий принесло только к положительному результату. Прошу обратить внимание на данный нюанс, так…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base