SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ...fix some video portal issues...

1. You can set subtitle options using Chrome or IE, but you can't view subtitles in IE.

2. When you upload a video, it's default name is the filename, but this can be changed. If you want to overwrite this video with an updated one, you can do so ONLY IF you remember what filename it was uploaded as originally. How do I find that out? It's not shown anywhere.

3. I uploaded a new video. The option to change the thumbnail was not present. I went to a previous video where I did change the thumbnail, and saw the option. I went…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365>SharePoint store: Sorry, this app is not supported on your server.

Our Office 365 tenant appears to have fallen prey to a recurring bug (I see it repeated several times over previous years when I search) where many apps on the SharePoint store suddenly and without apparent reason become "not supported" when they've been installing fine previously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. exce

Improve Excel when editing online versus using Excel. Currently either important functions are missing (too many to list) or it works slowly. I usually can only go 5 minutes before I 'edit in excel'. That's all well and good, but editing in excel turns off the multiple editors function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Depricated Report Indicators Still Visible in SharePoint Online UI

SharePoint List Report Indicators/Dashboards have apparently been deprecated but still are available apps to add with SharePoint Online - this is confusing to customers who see this as a visible option when the feature does not work (Confirmed by support in case number SRX616071993868890ID).

I received no notification of this feature being deprecated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Azure RMS with sharing features

SharePoint Online has a feature by which you can invite a user to view a document, whether the user is internal or external. Expanding this feature to enable an Azure RMS-protected document to be shared externally, by adding the invitees to the rights of the document, would be tremendously convenient. In general, integrating RMS with SharePoint is becoming an increasingly-requested feature by many customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A portal to get clients

Does Microsoft have a portal to showcase the products/skillsets and get clients? I love and explore SharePoint and would to know if there any portal or link in SharePoint or Microsoft where people can get their own projects sold? Would like to promote usage of SharePoint as well get custom business requirements done in the fastest and simplest way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Item Picker 201 limit

Allow for more than 201 items in the item picker when associated with a content type/external content type with more records. It is making SharePoint unusable for our solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change the OneDrive limits of those I want and need to share documents with; need to extend sharin to people outside my organization.

I deal with a lot of people outside of my organization, and need to share PowerPoint and other documents with them. OneDrive Share with everyone does not allow me to share with anyone outside my organization. Our corporate server lets us "share" documents within our organization. Change this to allow us to share with anyone we need or want to share with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. fix the new doc library experience

Dearest Microsoft - you just released yet another update to SharePoint that I didn't see anywhere on the roadmap...

The new document library experience looks great! Good job. Next time, maybe find a way to clue in your partners first?

Nintex, Infowise, DFFS, consultants, etc - all of these entities have custom forms for lists and libraries that apply special rules to enforce security settings. Many just use javascript on the forms themselves. All of this is worthless in the new experience because users with edit access can edit the properties in the information panel under properties.

I suggest you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Worflow - Can't save to shared drive, only to Cloud

With SP 2013, we have a workflow action to copy to a shared drive location. However with SPO, there is only a copy to a Cloud option. I recognize that the cloud is the current 'it' thing, but there is a LOT of use on shared drives still and being able to copy to this has value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide to create new list item from existing item in the same list

Now SharePoint do not have the way to copy the list item if it has the rich text field.
    Hope to provide the way to create the new item which is based on the original item. For example, provide the company wide news item for the year 2016 from 2015's.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. convert MBOX to PST

Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Netscape, Eudora, SeaMonkey, Postbox, Entourage, and other mbox-based email clients will benefit from SysInspire MBOX to PST Converter. It comes with a plethora of useful features that allow you to convert single or multiple MBOX files to Outlook PST format. This flawless programme runs on any Windows-based operating system and generates a PST file that is consistent with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and previous versions.

Read More:- https://www.sysinspire.com/mboxconverter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rar archive file password

Download Stella RAR Password Recovery Software is help to recover password from Rar archive file and crack all long type password with three attack name Brute Force Attack, Dictionary Attack, and Mask Attack without any taken time and also support all version of rar file.

Read More:- https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-rar-password.html

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default value settings in survey app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    アンケートアプリにおける既定値設定について
    Default value settings in survey app

現状、アンケート アプリの [詳細設定] にて、”読み取りアクセス権” のデフォルトの設定値を設定する機能がないことを確認しています。
    毎回、同一の内容を設定せずに利用開始できるように、デフォルトの設定が可能な機能を強く要望します。
    Currently, in the survey app “Advanced settings”, the default value of the “Read only access” setting cannot be set.
    Please make it possible to set this by default so that it can be used in the same way every time.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default value settings in survey app

■Title(件名):
    アンケートアプリにおける既定値設定について

Currently, in the survey app “Advanced settings”, the default value of the “Read only access” setting cannot be set.
    Please make it possible to set this by default so that it can be used in the same way every time.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default value settings in survey app

■Title(件名):
    アンケートアプリにおける既定値設定について

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add more than 10 events per page on Group Calendar webpart

On Group calendar Webpart you can display only up to 10 events per page. Our customer would like to see more events, the same you would be able to do in Outlook client.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rules and formating for Lookup columns

Please add so it is possible to create rules for and format Lookup Columns. Also, make it possible to add Lookup Columns in the "Configure Layout" option for forms.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add to automatic export functions in the audit log

■Title(件名):
    監査ログの自動エクスポート機能の拡張について
    Add to automatic export functions in the audit log

■Description(内容):
    現在、サイト コレクション単位等、監査ログ レポートをエクスポートする場合、都度手動で実行する必要がございます。
    運用状況やご利用環境によっては、毎月監査ログのレポートが必要があり、毎回監査ログ レポートのエクスポートを実行するのは手間がかかります。
    そのため、監査ログ レポートを自動でエクスポートする機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, for individual site collections etc. audit log reports need to be exported manually.
    Depending on the environment or the use case, we may need to get these reports every month, so having to do this manually each time takes some work.
    Please add a way to do this automatically.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SharePoint News Digest - Go To Site Button not working when forwarding e-mail

When forwarding a SharePoint News Digest via e-mail, the Go To Site no longer works. This also occurs, if you are replying to the SharePoint News Digest e-mail.

This used to work last year and now it's not working.

Would it be possible to fix this since I would need to manually add the link each time I issue a news digest.

Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base