Sites and Collaboration

Welcome to the Sites & Collaboration UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas for improving the SharePoint product.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check to see if it’s already been suggested. Vote for your favorites!
  • If you have a new suggestion, submit it! 25 words or less, please!
  • Ideas will be reviewed monthly – so gather support! If an idea doesn’t have at least 100 votes after 90 days it will be closed.
  • If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve SharePoint!

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optimize Access Request Settings for site owners

Three requested updates to significantly improve the Access Request process:

1) Allow multiple users to receive access requests

Access requests (Site Settings > Site Permission > Access Request Settings) can be sent to anyone with an email address, but it has three critical downsides: 1) you are limited to one email recipient; 2) the field does not accept SharePoint groups; and 3) it’s prone to misspellings of email addresses since the field is not a people picker.

One of the most extreme examples of how this is broken: My company’s CEO needs access to a file s/he has a link…

170 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The access requests page could certainly use a little love and some usability improvements for both end users and site administrators. We will take a look at these recommendations and update this request when we are ready to begin working on the improvements.

• drag and drop images in wiki pages and blogs

other CMS systems already allow this functionality. Instead of having to save an image somewhere and then upload it to SharePoint, let me just drag / drop images on the wiki and blog pages. Would be ideal for screenshots

59 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Always show options to send email invitation and select group or permission level

My users want the option to send email from the Share UI to be more obvious. Currently it is on by default and hidden under Show Options. Often they complain they didn't want to send email, especially if adding a large group. Also, depending on site group structure, the default group selected might be one with too much access, so I think that should not be hidden under Show Options either, regardless of the fact it has the text at the top of the window.

36 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Need a better way of viewing photos in an online folder instead of one at a time.

Improve the photo viewer in an online folder instead of only being able to view one photo at a time. It needs to work much like OneDrive Personal where you can scroll through an entire folder of photo files by clicking a next button.

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Wiki link functionality in modern pages

When editing text blocks in a modern web pages, I'd like to use the wiki link code [[New Page Here]] and have the same functionality, meaning that when saved I can click the "New Page Here" link and have a new page be created automatically with the original link going to the new page.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

in the plans  ·  1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Provide Access to the Recycle Bins in Explorer View

Today, working with the recycle bins is unwieldy. We experienced a significant unexpected loss of files in our libraries. It was very difficult to get them back since the restore feature crashes if one of the files in the group selected to be restored already exists in the destination library.

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

in the plans  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base