Sites and Collaboration

Welcome to the Sites & Collaboration UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas for improving the SharePoint product.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check to see if it’s already been suggested. Vote for your favorites!
  • If you have a new suggestion, submit it! 25 words or less, please!
  • Ideas will be reviewed monthly – so gather support! If an idea doesn’t have at least 100 votes after 90 days it will be closed.
  • If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve SharePoint!

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

I suggest you ....

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIX the ablility to overlay an Exchange calendar onto a Sharepoint calendar in Sharepoint Online

When overlaying calendars in SharePoint Online it has a selection in the UI to choose a "SharePoint" or an "Exchange" calendar but the "Exchange" selection doesn't work. There are several posts in Office 365 support that confirms that this feature doesn't work but it still appears in the UI as an option???

I tried created an Exchange calendar overlay on a SharePoint calendar on one of my site collections. However, one of the mandatory fields required is a web service URL. These do not currently exist in SP 2013 Online on Office 365.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our experts have been unable to reproduce the issue in our environment. Can you try again to make sure it still occurs? If it still does happen to you can you please provide more information about the particular setup (number of unique permissions set, etc) so we can attempt to recreate this issue.

• Custom restrictions of file types that user can upload to a document library.

SharePoint Online. We really need to set some restrictions of file types that user can upload to a document library.
      For example, to deny upload file with extension .bmp and .tiff.

52 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Organize sharepoint sites

I'd like to be able to organize the home page of sites i'm following to put the sites I use the most at the top, and group similar sites --for instance, I have several sites that are related to Human resources work, but I only use them occasionally and would like them to put them in a folder or notebook. Instead, they are all listed separately and I have to scroll through them to get to the ones I use more frequently. If there is already a way to do this, it is NOT apparent on the way my sharepoint…

25 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion.

The Frequent section should show the sites you use the most. Do you feel this is not accurate enough?

If you want to keep around sites you use occasionally, the “Follow” action should help with this. All the sites you Follow will be shown under the Following section.

We’d like to hear more about what do you mean by “putting sites in a folder o notebook”.

• remove modern pages

This is some horrible nightmare that I woke up to. This "Modern Pages" roll-out is one of the worst things I've ever seen come from the Microsoft team. The ability for end-users to customize these new pages is extremely limited and now I'm getting backlash from our end users how ugly SharePoint is becoming and how we need to fix it (Like there's anything I can do). Now they want me to look at some other CMS and move to something different. At least give your customers some options.

16 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We are adding more capabilities to modern pages (w.r.t. editing experience, layouts, RTE and web part catalog). You will soon see a lot of functionality rolling out this year. With that said, we would love to hear more from you around your asks/ desires that you wished modern pages would have.

Please note, we have not removed classic pages functionality from the site, so if you have parts that are not yet available, you can continue to use those side by side.

• Sharepoint (old Sites) home page

New Sharepoint (sites) home - could be possible to reorder the sites followed

15 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Content Search Webpart with targeting audience property, in Modern View

The actual Content Search Webpart with targeting audience property is not available for Modern View pages.
              This is a great web part functionality that should be preserved in the modern view, is very useful in several item segmentation scenarios.

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Site visits and Trending content web parts

We like your new "Site content" page and we would be very happy to add on other pages (Wiki or Web part pages) a "Site visits" or "Trending content" web part.

7 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Configure SharePoint home page

The new SharePoint home page is pretty good, but lacks configurable options. Would be great if we can include web parts within this page, such as news/announcements.

6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • page Layouts

Interface looks real good. Can we have column based layouts for adding web parts just like in other versions of sharepoint.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Create a webpart for modern pages where users can rate the page and metadata about the page is shown

Pages that contain an internal knowledge base it would be nice to show some metadata, like an info Square, where it can show metadata (what process, Customer, Product it applies to) and the rating. Also let the reader rate the page.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • "Home" page

This Sharepoint thing is a disaster when it comes to ease of navigation. I would also like to have a simple list of sites to chose from, your favorite/following/recent lists are crap and make your application painful to use.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base