SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Enable folder Download option

I contacted support and currently only way to download folder is using IE and open the folder inside Explorer.

Support for other browsers would be great. Alternative is to compress content of folder to ZIP and download that file, like it's available in Microsoft Account version of OneDrive.

152 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments

Comments are closed
    • Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bulk download in Sharepoint only works if files are selected. if a folder is selected, then a zip with text files showing errors is downloaded instead. That seems to work right on OneDrive.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have an ETA for this feature? This should be standard feature.

• Costas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Microsoft?

This feature as well as downloading several files are already available in Office 365 Personal/Home but not in OneDrive for Business???? It is already a standard feature in other cloud solutions!

Business users are restricted (and limited) from downloading folders and multiple files via the web client on OneDrive. A solution to use the desktop client is not always a suitable option, especially when an organisation is using client systems that are shared with many staff and have small local storage.

This feature should be supported across all popular browsers, e.g. IE, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome so it can be used by business users that use a range of platforms, Windows, Chromebooks, Mac, etc.

Sort yourself out Microsoft!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this option so our users can download documents / files to their mobile devices for when they do not have connectivity to the SP Site.

• Eric Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downloading a folder as a zip file exists in our OD4B sites, so I can only assume it is coming to the modern library experience?

• sickened in seattle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absolutely absurd that we can't download folders (and their content) from Sharepoint. I would have just moved my entire office over to Google Drive, had I known.

We just moved our enterprise account with 350+ users on to SharePoint and this is our users' number 1 request. Please make this possible!

• moroz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, God, yes it is a great shame that it is not realized until now !!! Neither sharePoint nor OneDrive.
      I thought that I was doing something wrong or do not know how to download folder, but was shocked when I learned that this product is not the function.
      This horror as the product can be output, but still it and sell for neimeneem just need to function? !!

Please do more than think about it. It's a very, very basic feature.
      I need users to be able to download a whole directory for use offline (when no net access) it's for when they are running Powerpoint presentations which have linked media and the paths are to files that need to be in the same directory. To make it foolproof I just need them to click to download the whole directory.
      I am in shock at how the simplest of actions expected of all basic software are a huge no no in Sharepoint. I've never used a bit of software that every time I want to do something I have to surf for half an hour to find out how (or more typically find it is not possible) and even when its possible, next time I come to do it I surf again as it is always so obscure and not instinctive. It's from another planet/century. Why don't you just bin it and redesign it from scratch or buy someone elses' product and badge it.

• Christian Pezzin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other platforms (like Google Drive) has this feature since the beginning. Please implement it in O365 as well. Thanks.

• Daan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed and a huge pain in the bum. Searching for the option to open in Explorer (which may or may not work, see Google (or Bing if that works)) takes ages. This is a basic feature and would certainly help to get the 'Cloud' get accepted as a workable solution. Multi-file processing in general needs a solid re-thinking. Send an email if you need a set of requirements.
      How do I add a Sharepoint location in Explorer as another drive?
      For some reasons I cannot upvote it, but it gets that max possible votes. Every day.

• Mike Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta of SP 2010 let us download a document set as a ZIP. That would be a nice folder and doc set feature to have back.

I would like to give external clients on OSX the ability to download a whole folder. I can't realistically expect a client to download 1000 files individually as Sharepoint/OneDrive4B is setup now. Not having this ability makes it useless for business applications. Please fix asap.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base