SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

FIX the ablility to overlay an Exchange calendar onto a Sharepoint calendar in Sharepoint Online

When overlaying calendars in SharePoint Online it has a selection in the UI to choose a "SharePoint" or an "Exchange" calendar but the "Exchange" selection doesn't work. There are several posts in Office 365 support that confirms that this feature doesn't work but it still appears in the UI as an option???

I tried created an Exchange calendar overlay on a SharePoint calendar on one of my site collections. However, one of the mandatory fields required is a web service URL. These do not currently exist in SP 2013 Online on Office 365.

173 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments

Comments are closed
    • Anupama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be of use if the issue of overlaying sharepoint with Exchange calendar is not fixed. Otherwise, this functionality should be withdrawn until a fix is made else is of no use having the option of merging calendars but you still have the bug while integrating.

This fix is inevitable.

• Bill Haskell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable this feature. From a user-need-perspective, this is a no-brainer. Is there a reason to delay this? - Thanks, Bill

• LSmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is too busy adding legions of unwanted features to correct any issues with the bugs in the current functionality. It is unacceptable that 365 is so inferior and full of bugs, yet options that clearly don't work are left in place so that people can waste time trying to determine what's wrong. What's wrong is MICROSOFT.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointed, as this just provides a bad end-user experience that puts staff off using the technology. Ultimately means that staff move to other vendor products/services and reduces the value of the Office 365 product.
      In short . . a Bug is not a 'feature'!

Quite disappointed.. I have spent lots of time trying to figure what was I doing wrong... to find out that this option is not supported. The question is Why is this option available then? Nobody in Microsoft support has given me an explanation :-(

• Janice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also very disappointed and have spent many hours trying to get this to work only to find out that it is not supported! This is not the first time I have come across a SharePoint Online feature that you think you can configure but it ultimately does not work! Let's clean this stuff up as you are wasting a lot of peoples time!!

• Carlene B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, I just tried to do this - add Exchange calendar overlay in the settings of a O365 SharePoint calendar. The 'Find' button churns but do not provide any settings in the Outlook Web Access URL nor the Exchange Web Service URL. So I added settings I thought might be correct using https://outlook.office.com/owa
      The Exchange Web Service URL populated and I was allowed to save the overlay. Now, when I return to the calendar I see this at the top with a red X - Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure change with authority ' outlook.XXX.XXX'. (5e244a9e-c06e-5000-1f29-e66abc3c7be2) time 11:58 AM (EST)

Thank you!

• Travis Clines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost 2 years since any comment from Microsoft that I can tell. Who would have thought that calendaring would be so difficult for Microsoft when all they ever talk about is collaboration and teamwork. Please let us know what the "Microsoft Way" currently is for truly producing a team's out-of-office calendar or any aggregated group calendar for that matter. In SharePoint 2010, at least you had mail-enabled lists like calendars that you could invite to your calendar items. If you're going to turn this feature off, you should have a replacement figured out first.

Microsoft please respond on plans for this. Like many others I spent some time trying to use the UI option only to discover this doesn't work.

• Carlene B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in here as well. We have business units in SPO that want to have the ability to add Exchange group/shared calendar to their site as a calendar overaly. Is there work going on to add/fix this ability? An update would be greatly appreciated.

• Ken Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also interested in overlaying shared outlook/exchange calendars in Sharepoint. Please let me know if you have any updates or when you expect this to work. Thanks.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Massive need for this here too. Why is it not doable?

• paulc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They still haven't done anything with this!! Come on Microsoft!!!!

Yup, need to be able to integrate a shared Exchange calendar (Exchange online) into a SharePoint Online calendar! Completely frustrating to have the message that it isn't possible when the option is on the Calendar Overlay form. AND it is very needed functionality - so don't just fix the Calendar Overlay page, make the Overlay work!

• Gem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been driving me mad and I am (slightly) relieved to know I am not alone! When will this be fixed? This seems like an obvious feature to work on and I am disappointed in Microsoft's response! Come on!!!

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SharePoint Online should allow you to do a calendar overlay for an exchange online calendar...it is disappointing this is not better integrated.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base