SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Navigation

We have top bar navigation to our sites. We need to keep this (not having Togo through "Sites")

92 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just a brief update – this is a multi-phase fix. We have amended support in modern site header/pages for structured navigation, but if you are using managed navigation (via enabling publishing feature) support for this is still in the works. We are actively working on supporting this data provider and plan to have a fix soon.

We’re going to resolve this idea – to track the remaining publishing work see/subscribe to: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/admin/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/14749329-managed-navigation-for-new-document-library-experi

9 comments

Comments are closed
    • Justin Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its pretty pathetic that you guys release an update that essentially breaks an existing part of your product offering.

You're made aware almost 1 entire year ago of the said issue and are "working on it" yet still have no fix.

There are hundreds if not thousands of comments in regards to the issue. Why release the product at all if it breaks other parts of your product?

The link the "admin" provides doesn't even work - prompting you to sign in and subscribe, despite doing this - doesn't work anyway.

Is there any part of your job at the SharePoint Experience Team that you guys can actually do appropriately?

• Angus Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several posts with a similar comment to this - and similar replies to that above (i.e. there's no plans to implement). I'm struggling to see how this isn't a bug - modern lists are a big improvement but if the menu system breaks when users visit them, it makes it hard to explain to users what's going on.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was told by support that there are no plans at the moment to support customizing the Local (QuickLaunch) or Global navigation with the new UI. Thus, no ETA as to if or when this will be fixed. Also, if you customize the styling of the Local or Global navigation that is also broken with the "new UI".

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE NEW DOCUMENT LIBRARY DOSEN'T SHOW THE TOP NAVIGATION MENU CORRECTLY LIKE THE CLASSIC SHAREPOINT LOOK. I HAD MANY CUSTOM LINKS AND A DROP DOWN TOP MENU. I'M GOING BACK TO THE CLASSIC LOOK UNTIL YOU FIX THIS BUG :-(

• shernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when hovering over the top heading link, the sub links do not appear. Also do not display out all the subsites under the site collection on the top navigation bar.

Navigation bar in the new document library should replicate the navigation bar of the site.

Please Keep the Top Link Bar, I use it on everything and it was removed from the new Library setting

we also have custom quick navigation links along the top of each subsite and under the new library view these are gone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base