I suggest you ....

Allow Javascript customization and CSS branding/theming in the new Document Library Experience

Please allow javascript customization and css branding/theming in the new document library experience. A custom cross-site navigation is one example that is used by many customers. Also many customers want their intranet branded in a different color but office ui fabric blue.
JSLink is also used very often. And don't Forget about all the third-party forms solution provider like Nintex and others.
The new experience provides many advantages, but without customizations it is just not usable for larger intranets anymore.

933 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oliver Zeiser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to customize, like hiding upload hero button from document library. JSLinks are not supported, looking for the update...

Any news yet? The ability to save files directly to ODFB from SharePoint document library is one of the best features MS has introduced - and we would LOVE to implement this.
        But we can't because we also NEED to use JavaScript on the page!!!
        So frustrating. Will this ability ever appear?!?

• Frank Fajardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see much point about the modern experience if it is turned off by default once you customise the form or add javascripts. It gives an initial impression that is good but it turns out to be pretty useless.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We us JSLink through our company SharePoint online site. We can not use the New Experience until you allow JSLink customization. Please Microsoft get JSLink working with the New Experience.

• Yogin Mashruwala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this. We implemented a company wide global nav which shows up a menu on every page, and it stopped working on pages that have the new document library experience. Without this, we have no way to inject a dynamic list driven global menu.

• Mikel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than a year and we are still with no news about this. This is a very huge problem. We can't customize a library or list, we can't customize a form. We cant modify the list options and remove those we dont want and are set by default...

This isn't aceptable. Microsoft is wasting time, effort and money with new apps when most of them are not needed at all. First they should fix and complete a product, then others. Not setting 30 different products that arent finished yet.

At this point, modern sites development was also a waste of time, because the old look and feel has personalization options, modern has nothing.

Regards

• Jeff Fried commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this issue?
        We have a product which does 'deep behavioral analytics', using javascript injection to report back events (including hover-over, clickthrough, searches & results, etc). Same instrumentation as you would do using Application Insights. It works great - but not with any of the modern experiences.

We need a way to get this level of detail, the management API doesn't have it either. So the promised "There will be a more controlled way to embed JavaScript on the pages through the SharePoint Framework (not only client-side web parts)" is of great interest.

Any news appreciated! thanks

I agree, we can not satisfy client needs with the way the new experience works. It's a complete oversight on the part of Microsoft. This needs to be rectified. I've already had clients question their choosing of SharePoint. How was this decision even considered much less put into production.

• Steven Derveaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to see that we are not the only ones with all those problems...

Please tell me how to convince end-users to use SharePoint. In some scenarios, the classic view is still better but if they want to move / copy / import files, the new design is preferred. But how can you switch back from classic to new? Close everything, restart IE (MS Edge lost his momentum in SharePoint space, even MS Support advices to use IE in SP, but hey! If you have Win10, you have EDGE!! Whoewhoew!! ), find back you library etc...mmm. And then they asked to us: Are you really using this by yourself?

The new design would be something awesome, but the first experience is disappointing. Same happend to Edge.... So as soon as the new design is mature enough for end-users: a bad perception is already in place.

• Dottie Verspeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTH Microsoft, I worked hours adding JavaScript and JQuey to work with a cascading dropdown I needed in a SharePoint Calendar, that unfortunately Nintex or InfoPath do not support. I come in today to finish up the project and none of the javascript/Jquery is working. The code had not been changed since the last time I tested, a little over a week ago, did my research and found that it has been restricted by Microsoft. Now I'm concerned about our Intranet, powered by SharePoint with ton's of custom branding and ton's of JavaScript/Jquery. We have millions of hits a month on our Intranet, and I don't know how I'd be able to convince my boss when to renew our O365 contact, if our Intranet site goes south. BTW, our site is in classic view, Calendars don't seem to have an option to switch the experience.

• Danny Engelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Olivier,
        Microsoft is a normal Company so only cares about shareholders.
        Customers are a means to make money.
        Their current strategy seems:
        Better 100 Customers that pay for simple SAAS services
        than 2 more who require complex Cloud services.

• Oliver Zeiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is indeed very sad to see that nothing is changing at all. Microsoft is always asking for feedback and here it is....and nobody seems to care...
        Instead MS is putting more and more effort into preventing customizations in SharePoint Online. Just look at the Group Sites (modern Teamsites created via new Homepage, Groups or Teams). They put a deny customize pages policy on those.
        Dear Microsoft: We are losing customers. And so are you... So please think about your strategy once again! SPFX is awesome, but is just not what customers have really been doing in regards of customizations within SPO.

• Danny Engelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quote May 2nd from Microsoft: ► "In the coming weeks we’ll share additional information" ◄

It is December 28, I am wrapping up 2016 ...
        Microsoft "Weeks" are now 240 days
        Looking forward to everything that is not going to happen in the next year
        I wish everyone a scriptless

• Matt Ludtke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello team, this is a very interesting subject and we provide a Solution as a Service with intranet based IP. Our organization is the US National Partner award winner at WPC based a good bit on this O365 based IP.

Without direction on this topic we are unable to help customers plan for the modern experience. Can the team communicate a status update to the community? It was disingenuous to commit for following up in "Coming weeks" on May 2, 2016 :)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base