SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Bulk check-in/check-out

I need to be able to check-in or check-out multiple files. I'm not able to do this currently, when selecting multiple documents.

388 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Philip Sieber-Gasser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there - I would really appreciate an update on this. We have delayed a few processes in anticipation of this feature being activated and approaching a crunch if this needs to wait longer. Thanks for any update on expected timing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - has there been any update on the delivery of the ability to bulk check-in/ check-out files in the new user interface?

• Geri Richter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting on this feature. I saw an blog post months ago that said it was rolling out, but it is not there. I also dont see it on the roadmap - did it get withdrawn?

Please make this a priority - having a real impact after migration from SP 2013 when our staff could do this and now they can't - URGENT please

• Gregg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you open the FILES tab in your library, you can place a checkmark next to each of the checked out file. Go to the Open & Check Out section on the FILES tab select Check In. That will check in multiple files. Same goes for Checking Out multiple files. I have not read the complete conversation string to this item so my apologies if this has been addressed

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really looking forward to this update. I do mass-edits all the time and need to be able to check multiple documents out and in together for efficiency.

Please advise when the update is ready. Thanks.

Just received this in our test tenant. We see diffrent behavior clicking on the ECB-menu and the command-bar. When using the ECB we get a new modern dialog just asking for comments and not versions??

• Anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not available as am option to check in multiple files... The suggested "work around" of checking in individual files is really NOT practical.
    When will this option be possible?>

The OP needs to specify this is for modern document libraries, classic works fine.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base