SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Bulk check-in/check-out

I need to be able to check-in or check-out multiple files. I'm not able to do this currently, when selecting multiple documents.

279 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please hurry up with this one. Would solve so much for us and the increasing usage of MS Teams now as a lot of clients use Teams as PM-tool

• Elin Lovinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to check in and out multiple items. But I believe there is a max limit of how many you can check out/in at once But that's like a 100 docs or so. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, I am not sure if what the max limit is. But you CAN check in /out several docs at once.

• Adam balasa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this basic function not available via the "New" interface!? Two years and still working on it? Pathetic.

• villavies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe we just figured out how to check in several documents at once. Open your documents library page, click on the 'Checked Out To' column title. A box will open, click 'empty'. You will have to repeat this process on every page, so it's still not ideal.

• Kevin Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO typical of Microsoft! We are well over 2 years since the "we are working on bringing this support...". This is a HUGE timewaste for my group every month (burns almost a day of checking in 180 files close to 100 folders).

Ready to get our new document delivery done so we can move away from Sharepoint for my department's files. Too bad this software is SO bad and they appear to be doing NOTHING to fix this.

Yep, welcome to my nightmare. I had Microsoft write me some power shell docs and that didn't necessarily work just yet and Sharepoint Designer some of it by folder. Very discouraging that this happens. Totally unacceptable feature with no recourse.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it's now June 26, 2018 - more than 2 years later and still no feature available. Beyond ridiculous. SharePoint is absolutely useless.

• Kurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stunned this is not available. I"m new to SP and have just uploaded many, many files from our server. Now they all appeared Checked Out. I have neither the time nor inclination to choose each file separately and Check In. What a crock!
        The silence from Microsoft is deafening.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah when is this feature going to be added. How did sharepoint online get released without this feature.

• Calvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email from Microsoft "working on it" was 2 years ago. When can we expect the functionality to be able to bulk check-in documents in SharePoint 2016?

• Woocon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw this post yesterday, thought I was dreaming...woke up and the site is still here. Not supporting bulk operations in document libraries such as check-in is just a shame. Please go and visit 10 of your customers and feel the end-users pain in drag-n-dropping 5 or so documents that are checked out, then you will understand the importance of this user voice.

Switching to classic is just a workaround and asking a user doing this...no-way.

• A.Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, thank you. However, I've heard that the Classic experience will not last, and a solution is required before it's gone. Also, I have users who think it's a bit acquit to go back to classic view when we have finally taken the step to New experience.

• Terry McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can check in multiple documents with SharePoint Online:

•Go to the library
        •Click "Return to classic SharePoint" in the bottom left of the screen (below the Quick Launch menu)
        •Select the desired files (maximum of 100)
        •Click the down arrow next to More and select "Check In"
        •OK
        •Click "Exit classic experience" in the bottom left of the screen

• A.Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I didn't hear/read the answer on WHEN the multiple check in feature will be available. When was it?

Working in projects with large bulks of documents, the document library in New Experience is worthless. Why is it that you can Quick edit but not multiple check in?

• M. Cajski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this function taken away??? This is ridiculous. Isn't the whole purpose of Sharepoint to be able to share multiple files. Every time I add a file I need to manually check it in. I could potentially have a hundred documents at one time to upload and would have to MANUALLY check-in each document. I am extremely unhappy about this.

Not being able to check in or check out multiple files at once is beyond irritating. When will this be feature be added?

• Vini Nielson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May 2016 "Working on it." and the multiple check-in still is not available in the new UI?
        I for one, am thoroughly dissatisfied as I open and adjust dozens of files daily. Keeping them available to other users by checking each one in separately is a giant waste of time.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base