I suggest you ....

External Folder Sharing with without sign-in

Number 1 limitation is the fact that we cannot share folders without requiring users to sign-in. Adoption of this product will be limited without this feature.

345 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ParkerParker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, so we can generate a link for external users to access a folder within a SharePoint document library (yee!). So what's stopping us from getting a link for the document library itself, and for other types of SP lists? It would make so much more sense, plus external users can already do it by editing the URL for a shared folder after accessing it. Come on, guys!

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be best that you can set a sub site that allows access without a Microsoft sign-in.
        when you are working with customers all around the world I do not expect all customers to have a Microsoft account, let alone force them to create one, when perhaps we wish to share content with them direct from our department, not necessarily from the company as a whole. especially when perhaps we would like them to complete a survey form which we would like to be hosted in said SharePoint sub site.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already activate the external sharing capabilities in SharePoint Admin Center, or in OneDrive AdminCenter.

• Aaron OttAaron Ott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing an issue with a client using SharePoint who is sharing with external users and not requiring sign-in. Only a user with sharepoint admin rights can uncheck the "require sign-in" box. Standard users do not see that option and all shares to external users from standard internal users all require sign-in. This should not be the case.

• Sudarshan BodkeSudarshan Bodke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we select a folder, and create a share link via "View Link- No Sign in Required", the user is still prompted to input credentials.

When will this be fixed?

Is there something to be done from our end for this ?

• RileyRiley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like this was recently added to both our production and our first-release tenants. I can now share folders using the Get Link feature and the options for "View/Edit Link - No Sign-In Required" are now available. I haven't seen an official announcement yet though. Can this status be changed now?

I noticed that this is now finally available if you are part of the early release schedule in Office 365 - I just confirmed it is working for me now. I'm not sure when it will be available generally, but I suspect it should be soon since it is part of the early release.

• Mario P.Mario P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working with SharePoint users since 2013
        I'm glad this is already being worked on 3 years later.

Number 1 limitation for this service I think, and I agree with others, please provide a ETA if available.

Yes this is necessary for us as a company to continue using OneDrive for sharing with clients.

Finally. Please give an ETA though we need this for several projects and it would be helpful to know if I have to commit to google drive for the next 2 months or 2 years until this is finally available here.

• SunnySunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi team,
        Really looking forward to this feature for OneDrive for business folder sharing, please provide a ETA if available.

Thank you
        Sunny

• DinethDineth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to see this feature has been added to the One drive for business, then we can go away from dropbox...

has there been any updates on this yet? I'm stuck using a personal onedrive account and dropbox to share assets to clients but the file size limitation is holding a lot of work back.

• JoachimJoachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do it with OneDrive for personal use, but not with the business product. We are stuck here, our users won't accept this limitation and we as IT can only agree.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are the only suckers with a Microsoft login! Help us not be left behind by adding this "feature"

In our company this is also quite a big topic. PLEASE make possible what almost any other cloud storage solution has already made possible

• Jacob Westergaard RasmussenJacob Westergaard Rasmussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft,
        Can you please give an update on this. this is one of the most important aspects of having a cloud based files sharing solution so it really makes things complicated.

Hoping for a solution soon

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,
        May I ask how long it would take to get to share folders without asking external users to sign in / log in? I experienced the same issue with Groups, I cannot share files/folders externally: I can generate links but only 'restricted link' (which requires sign in) or view/ edit for my own organisation.
        Thanks, Julie (WWF-Australia, E3 license)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base