Document sets in modern document libraries
Document Sets in modern document libraries
121 commentsComments are closed
Pappu Kumar Singh commented
This is a core feature of SharePoint. Please bring this in Modern UI
Olga Marti commented
any updates? A lot of customers need this in the modern UI.
Kristian Krogstrup commented
How is this coming along ?
We also really need an update on this. We using documents sets in many sites on prem (2013) wich are strong candiates for moving to SharePoint Online, but especially the missing modern file preview within document sets is a roadblock.
You've been thinking about this for 2 years. I suspect that you are monitoring use and hoping just to ignore it as customers give up.
We really need an update on this, should we redesign our whole document management system, move to another product or is there an update coming?
There really is no better way to support multi-file documents with metadata...
Dear Microsoft, an update please??
We have stopped rolling out sites with document sets due to this and put a block on all Modern experience. It gives the user a very poor fragmented experience chopping and changing between "modern" and classic page styles.
I'm amazed they are still only "thinking" about this a year on. It's basic UI stuff! Meanwhile the nails are one by one driven into the coffin of SharePoint with things like Teams and O365 groups "how many different places would you like to store your files Sir?"
Bernd Verhofstadt commented
Document sets are used a lot by our users. It would be great to see this comming in Modern UI with the appropriate API's.
Djavan ROA commented
Please guys I can't get it that Modern UI is still stuck with Classic UI this is major UX complaint from our users!
Any updates on this? As the Modern UI and SharePoint Framework are reaching maturity, lack of Document Set support is one of the major features still lacking.
Paul Bullock commented
Wow, over 1.5 years later...
John Troup commented
Trent Wood commented
Now I'm wondering if my org should place our bets on document sets, or not!
I would like to have parent-child relationships between document sets. We manage translated marketing assets and would like to link an English document set to various language document sets. Maybe there's already a way to do this? The important thing is to inherit shared metadata.
I'm hoping there's a bright future for doc sets.
Need to be able to add content types and site columns in the new experience...not just Document Sets. Without them, metadata management is a nightmare.
Simon Rawson commented
Some wish list things...with High, Medium and Low priority based on my personal preferences
* Modern UI...HIgh
* Able to inherit a choice of views from parent library AND/OR...Low
* Able to specify views within the document set...to ensure consistency across libraries and sites using the same doc set...High
* Able to set default content type for a doc set...High
* Change the sharing dialog for a doc set, such that by default the checkbox indicating that sharing of docs inside the doc set is overridden is NOT checked...Medium
* Fix info management policies so doc sets can be sent to another library when criteria are met...High
* Fix Send to / Copy to so they work with doc sets...Medium
* Fix Content Organiser so that rules work with doc sets...Medium (overall medium, but high when I'm working with Content Organiser and Dropoff Libraries)
* Able to define lists within doc sets. E.g. for a meeting doc set, list of attendees, for a training course, list of bookings and confirmations
* Shared metadata changed within a document flows back up to the doc set...High
Hi, any update on this?
Daniel Anderson commented
Yes - there was a post in another forum by a MS employee nearly a year ago to say it was underway. Just tried to do a training course yesterday for town councillors (ordinary people) and the pain on their faces when i tried to explain why the world just flipped to something entirely different when they used a vital (for their application) document set said it all. i am really concerned that given it has taken more than a year to knock together a relatively simple web interface [which would do for now] for an existing feature there must be thoughts of dropping it.
Lloyd Adams commented
10 months on and still being thought about? Any update?