SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Provide ability for user to clear frequent sites and activity on their SharePoint page

Provide ability for user to clear frequent sites and activity on their SharePoint page.

417 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JL Martine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this was suggested in 2016 and has not been acted on. Would be helpful as deleted site have a habit of lingering which can be confusing.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion have over 376+ is it so difficult to code a button to reset the frequent sites? v

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried doing the unfollowing trick and it did not remove my sites. Every time I delete a site they still remain in the Frequent Site List.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: after unfollowing the removed site, refreshing the Microsoft Office Home screen clears the Frequent Sites list....it doesn't take a couple of hours as previously stated.

I was having the same issue, and then I noticed that not only was my removed site still being listed, but this removed site was also listed under Following. So I "unfollowed" (click the little star) the removed site and it was no longer listed under Following. Some time later (couple of hours I think), the site was actually gone from my Frequent Sites list. I checked my users and their Frequent Sites lists are not listing the removed site either.

I realize my situation is not significant (I'm working with only 1 site) but maybe unfollowing sites eventually removes the sites from the Frequent Sites list?

• Jerome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible. There was an operational meeting which raised the issue of how our staff get confused because of these dead sites persisting in 'frequent sites'. It is so frustrating to have to tell operations that there is nothing we can do because Microsoft are unable to solve it. I'm not in the habit of recommending Sharepoint generally but this really makes me want to actively discourage companies from taking it up.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is very frustrating and costly. i am surprised after 81 comments and years of complaints, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) software company in the world can't fix this?

• Charlie Rube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just really getting in to testing SharePoint for our company, and am shocked to see that test sites I deleted still show up on the page a person sees when they click on SharePoint from the waffle. Deleted sites should stay in the recycle bin, but immediately taken off of every frequent or recent list. They shouldn't show up in search results either.

• Jason Jeffas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From an admin and user standpoint, highly confusing and plain annoying. Please implement a fix as soon as you can.
        Thanks

• Everette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pretty irritating. A tester I created and deleted is still showing up. I am sorry to see that this is still an issue two years after this suggestion was made.

• Maria Silversken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A deleted site should immediately disappear from every list, including the 'Latest Visited'. It has been more than two years since Chris posted his idea/request. Is it really that hard to adjust the codes?

• Jasper Kuiper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users are confused and complaining, please fix this. Also, the link still works (leads to a 404). The least MS could do is catch those 404's and redirect to root or something. Very ugly!

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!! Microsoft get this fixed. Deleted sites or groups should not have an image or icon show in any of the "Dashboards", get on this now!!
        Without this clearing old junk your program is a mess!!

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an issue on UserVoice for over two years without resolution, and even deleting the entire SharePoint team site instance doesn't clear this out. Please fix this ASAP as it is confusing for end-users to be shown links that do not work.

Please allow users to edit their frequent sites list. I have a site that is no longer necessary and I don't like it showing up on my page.

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pain for organizations to have sites that are no longer available to show up. End users then think something is broken. Consequently, they submit an email to their internal Help Desk. Which in turn needs to look and see what the problem is. Lots of internal man hours are spent on resolving and calming internal end users.

This needs to be addressed. ML doesn't get the impact to a business when deleted sites are still showing up in the SharePoint page. Beside Mr Gates is no longer involved in day to day business of Microsoft. His Foundation is working on the vaccines which are very important.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base