SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Please let me drag Outlook attachments into SharePoint

Something I find myself wanting to do pretty frequently is storing an email attachment somewhere into SharePoint or OneDrive for Business. I want to simply drag the attachment from Outlook directly into SharePoint or OneDrive in the browser. Alas, I cannot. I am forced to save the attachment somewhere (my Desktop, most likely) then either drag+dropping it into SharePoint/OneDrive or using the upload function in SharePoint/OneDrive to get it uploaded.

It should be easier than that. Microsoft, please consider adding this functionality to get even more user-friendly integration between your suite of products.

997 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt Wade shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality. Many organisations are turning to SharePoint Online for document management. The ability to drag and drop from Oultook directly to SharePoint (message and attachments) without a third party add-in would be invaluable.

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tired to do this yesterday and it didn't work - glad I happened to scour SharePoint user voice and be able to up vote this. I do see a lot of reply posts on other third-party tools that can do this, but it would be nice if worked out-of-box. I am using IE 11, though.

• Trevor Bramwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recommend utilising OnePlaceMail's SaveToSharePoint App. It's free, allows you to save emails and or attachments direct to SharePoint libraries and add metadata during the process all from within Outlook. It surfaces recent SharePoint locations to enable users to choose where to save or the user can search for the appropriate SharePoint site. Works really well.
        PS I have no connection with the company, it's just a great product

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND you can simply synchronise whatever SharePoint folders you want to use on your computer with the help of OneDrive for Business. I honestly think there are many other features without available workarounds that are way more pressing...

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

_And_ you can simply synchronise whatever SharePoint folders you want to use on your computer with the help of OneDrive for Business. I honestly think there are many other features without available workarounds that are way more pressing...

• Barbara Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a government agency - and we cannot drag/drop any email in any browser going from the Outlook client into SharePoint online.

• Angus M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works right now for me using Edge and Outlook on Windows 10. It doesn't with Chrome.

It would be good for the functionality to spread to Chrome too. It's annoying having to explain to staff which browser they need to use for different tasks

• Jeffrey N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am continually disappointed with the myriad of little things that don't work or can't be done in windows.
        It still looks like a beta release. I think they should fix a product before moving onto the next version release.
        The entire experience of the online office suite is terrible. It clearly cannot remain like this. I'd rather go back to MS-DOS sometimes.

• dimitri iliuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We got sick of waiting and deployed MacroView365.com many years ago. It works well when having to drag adn drop thousands of emails with metadata.

• Mario La commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those wondering how to save file from outlook ios app to share point. Open file as preview in the outlook, then tap on the icon in the top right corner (arrow pointing up). Select SAVE TO FILES and browse through to your share point site/folders.
        Agree drag and drop from the multitasking screen view on ipad would be logical thing to do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does work but only with the technology in MS Edge. Try it and you will find out.
        Chrome, IE and Firefox will need to update there code base to the same as Edge for this to be compatible which will probably happen quicker than SharePoint changing as technology they have built

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please create drag and drop functionality from Outlook into SharePoint. It seems it would make many, many users' lives more fulfilled.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base