SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Freeze Column Headers

Would love to see the ability to freeze column headers at the top of the page when a user scrolls through a long list.

544 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rodrigo Ribeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can we convincen employees to use sharepoint list when we don't have this simple function?

This is urgent!

• Subash Simkhada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Freeze Column Headers is a urgent request. I have users exporting lists on excel because they cannot see the column headers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#Microsoft really not implemented yet? I wanted to implement SharePoint List for but now I have people resistance because of that feature missing

• hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates please, Microsoft? It's been two years now :)

Also, when deleting something from a document area, it would be good if it didn't jump back up to the top of the column and stayed in the part of the page that you delete from.

This is needed asap. If you want people to adapt to SharePoint faster, it needs to work in a way that people can transfer certain working skills/habits from other applications.

As per comments from Philip and others, I cannot think of any reason why anyone would not want this. Not having them is making it very difficult to get users accept using lists rather than spreadsheets. Please sort as soon as possible.

really disappointed that this freeze feature was taken away from the version we use on premise. Many of my customers are asking since it's difficult to work in a list online.

• Philip Vogel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised that the Sharepoint library grids don't have sticky headers by default, since I can't think of any reason why anyone would not want them. But if it is not default, there should be an option to enable them. Please implement the option to add sticky headers to libraries, lists and quick edit grids.

• Katelyn Hawley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is extremely important in large lists with many columns! Please add this feature, it will make all of our lives so much easier :)

• Charlie E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this. Vote: Yes!
        Thanks for asking and for all your other wisdom shareing!

• Mikael Svenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a list with many columns and items, freezing the header row is quite crucial in order to browse the list effectivly.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base