SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Freeze Column Headers

Would love to see the ability to freeze column headers at the top of the page when a user scrolls through a long list.

1,175 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of March 2019, this feature should be available to 50% of users in Targeted Release. The rollout to all users is continuing, but there are several features included together in this one and we’ve paused the rollout a few times to accomodate changes based on feedback to the other features. New ETA for reaching all users is April 2019.

Note this feature will only apply to modern doclib and list UX in SharePoint Online

139 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The last update said ETA for all users was April 2019. It's now almost the end of June, and I still don't see it in my work tenant. I had it in my personal tenant a while ago, then it disappeared, and now it's back. Please update ETA.

• Steve Hancock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow - this post is getting towards it's third birthday!

Yet another credibility hit with clients asking for something that they believe should be included in the first place. I only told them last week that they cannot have column counts for Modern SharePoint.

• Shawn McDonnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is Freeze Column Headers - available online - if so can someone tell me how to turn it on in a list? Or is it automatic.

• Lpyncket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the official release be of this item? Would be a great help to have this feature.

• prdillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update please. I have customers who ask me for this feature every day.

• PGoo. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are JavaScript solutions on the web, but the code(s) all need the 'LIST-VIEW-UID" that you want to freeze, which can be found in the SOURCE of the PAGE generated for display. … Those 'scripts' were available at least 8 years ago.

• Swan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
    Must I always be playing, playing your fool?
    No I can't always be waiting, waiting on you
    I can't always be playing, playing your fool, fool

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just about to hit June, still no rollout or updates on a 'feature' that should've been in the original release 15 years ago!

• Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please update on status. We are now at the end of the May and our tenant still doesn't have it. So obviously it didn't reach all users in April.

• Kirsten Coppo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any status, it is really hard to use the lists without it. At list with the non-365 version we could do the java workaround.

• Mark Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw this in my personal dev tenant a few weeks ago, and now it's gone. Has the rollout been paused or rolled back? At the same time, I noticed that Totals was also rolled out, and it's gone again now. What's going on?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base