SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Title Banner on Modern Pages

Please provide the capability to change the header of the new modern pages (i.e. the large banner graphic on which the title is sitting. It currently means page content starts half-way down the screen which isn't the best use of space.

736 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Comments are closed
  • Juan Pineiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We noticed the new options for Page Title, great start, but surprised there was no option to completely remove Page Title ? Will that also be introduced. Ideally why not give users the ability to clean up the page removing Title, Publish Line, Search and Follow as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i try to design a banner for share-point site (Communication) but even if i save it by high resolution but it still seems blur in site. can you explain me why and how can i solve it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see the ability to turn off the Page Header on a page by page basis.

• Tom Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like a better way to update the home-page banner on a Communication site. There seems to be no way to change the entire top area, just the site logo. Branding is important to us.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Help, I cannot figure out how to get rid of that big giant banner graphic across the top of my pages. I use a Mac and I'm not a Sharepoint expert. There used to be an option right there that allowed you to get rid of it. Now half my site pages are starting 1/3 of the way down the page.

• Donia Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very nice having choices, but I was envisioning a more attractive Plain option, it is still quite large. The other choices are still too large. It would be great to remove the page header completely, and also to add an image without it being stretched out.

• Tina G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like having the option to change the Banner now to different layouts, but why is it that the Plain layout is the only one that makes the banner smaller? It's the least eye appealing of the options, but the other ones make me scroll down the page until you get to the useful information. Would love the ability to use a smaller layout that is also visually appealing.

• Samuel Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our goal is to be able to remove the user's ability to change the view of a document library webpart so that they can access the files but not sensitive metadata about the files.

• Uwe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What an "agile" approach. two years ago Microsoft announced they are Working on it, in the blog post from September 2018 we find:

Sites: header layouts - Now, site owners can reclaim some of the vertical space at the top of the site and highlight the main page content instead. There will be three new choices: standard, minimal and compact.

But now in this case for Microsoft means:
    Our goal is to release all the items to Targeted Release customers in Office 365 by the end of the first half of calendar year 2019.

At least there is a published plan available somewhere now but why don't they moderate such information here where people interested in the request have subscribed?

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Build-your-modern-intranet-with-SharePoint-in-Office-365/ba-p/255453

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is quite a big thing as it takes up a third of the page and we are getting lots of complaints. All we need is the ability to customise the size (small, medium, large?). I see it has been in "Working on it" for a while so would appreciate an update.

• Kaylee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about the giant white space on the right that takes up 1/3 of the page, too?

• Sally MacMillan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its crazy that its not possible to change the text in this section or even delete it, its a complete waste of space

• Sonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When this ugly web part will be able to be deleted from the Modern Page?.
    Also it would be fixed with a patch. The company is paying a lot of money for this cloud-premise service.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base