SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Title Banner on Modern Pages

Please provide the capability to change the header of the new modern pages (i.e. the large banner graphic on which the title is sitting. It currently means page content starts half-way down the screen which isn't the best use of space.

735 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a very easy fix by Microsoft developer. I don't understand why it takes so long without any resolution.

Please Please Please! So annoying to scroll on every single modern page just to get to content. Every other part of the page has a delete button!

• Michael Lorentz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need the option to not display a banner. On a page, when a user chooses to minimize a banner, the space where the banner would have shown remains and looks very awkward. Need to be able to remove the banner/page title from any page. Probably means it has to also be made available as a webpart we can add back if needed.

• Rahul Tyagi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really frustrating to override css for these kind of small changes in modern pages. Any expected date for this fix?

This is one of the most wasteful aspects of sharepoint. The problem and an answer/resolution from Microsoft.
    Something as simple as a site title banner to be resized smaller instead of taking up half a page for nothing yet Microsoft or their sharepoint teams can't fix that in years. Yet is it a consistent complaint of users.

It's now 19 months since Msft posted "working on it". that is why I call this place "Useless Voice".

• Jim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see we can delete the default image graphic now which is an improvement, but modifying/hiding/collapsing this area in some way would be hugely beneficial. As others have stated, I am more interested in the web content, not a gigantic title. In particular, I am embedding PowerBI content and the analytical content is far more relevant than anything else on the page.

I see we can delete the default image graphic now which is an improvement, but modifying/hiding/collapsing this area in some way would be hugely beneficial. As others have stated, I am more interested in the web content, not a gigantic title. In particular, I am embedding PowerBI content and the analytical content is far more relevant than anything else on the page.

• PaulE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Done? You can delete the graphic when editing the title. This can also be done programmatically, but is too in-depth for me to go into in a simple comment such as this.

• HarzicN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to know this is being worked on. It would be great if there were a choice of sizes for the header banner. Different page implementations require different image displays. So it would be good to have the option of a large page-wide banner, but also a medium (wide and shallow) and small option (with option to float left or right) as well as the choice of no banner image at all.

• Gray Combover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years later and still no progress with this? Modern pages look like a big mess with this wasted space at the top.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The header is too big and takes a lot of the page's space. As a user, I would like to be able to edit the header text (just like Text web part, add a link, change size etc). And would like to have the option of hiding on removing the Header completely (just like any other web parts).

I think you can remove the image now on modern page, or maybe it's only for targeted users.

• Donia Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful, particularly if we had some control as to height, font, sizing, and the ability to edit the image.

Feedback and Knowledge Base