SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Title Banner on Modern Pages

Please provide the capability to change the header of the new modern pages (i.e. the large banner graphic on which the title is sitting. It currently means page content starts half-way down the screen which isn't the best use of space.

593 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delayed update; we are revamping the process to ensure updates are more timely for up-voted items or items w/ a previous status update. For this one, as announced at Ignite 2018, we are rolling out additional header layouts before year’s end – starting w/ a compact option that reduces the vertical height.

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most wasteful aspects of sharepoint. The problem and an answer/resolution from Microsoft.
        Something as simple as a site title banner to be resized smaller instead of taking up half a page for nothing yet Microsoft or their sharepoint teams can't fix that in years. Yet is it a consistent complaint of users.

It's now 19 months since Msft posted "working on it". that is why I call this place "Useless Voice".

• Jim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see we can delete the default image graphic now which is an improvement, but modifying/hiding/collapsing this area in some way would be hugely beneficial. As others have stated, I am more interested in the web content, not a gigantic title. In particular, I am embedding PowerBI content and the analytical content is far more relevant than anything else on the page.

I see we can delete the default image graphic now which is an improvement, but modifying/hiding/collapsing this area in some way would be hugely beneficial. As others have stated, I am more interested in the web content, not a gigantic title. In particular, I am embedding PowerBI content and the analytical content is far more relevant than anything else on the page.

• PaulE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Done? You can delete the graphic when editing the title. This can also be done programmatically, but is too in-depth for me to go into in a simple comment such as this.

• HarzicN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to know this is being worked on. It would be great if there were a choice of sizes for the header banner. Different page implementations require different image displays. So it would be good to have the option of a large page-wide banner, but also a medium (wide and shallow) and small option (with option to float left or right) as well as the choice of no banner image at all.

• Gray Combover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years later and still no progress with this? Modern pages look like a big mess with this wasted space at the top.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The header is too big and takes a lot of the page's space. As a user, I would like to be able to edit the header text (just like Text web part, add a link, change size etc). And would like to have the option of hiding on removing the Header completely (just like any other web parts).

I think you can remove the image now on modern page, or maybe it's only for targeted users.

• Donia Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful, particularly if we had some control as to height, font, sizing, and the ability to edit the image.

• Chad Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a lot of white space, having an option to have a slim header would be nice..

• Darrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing about this during Ignite. I guess it is a small item but it's painful when trying to design pages... It's been set to "working on it" for quite some time now. Any news?

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have many clients that would also like the ability to change the height of the image in the banner instead of being forced to use an image of that specific height.

• Brad Boeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it's just our instance, but the actual page title only appears in edit mode and then upon saving. Refreshing or revisiting the page erases the title from view. Click on edit and poof! it's back. Weird. I agree with the wasted vertical space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base