I suggest you ....

durable links

Durable links should be valid even after any action like rename doc/rename lib/move across webs/move across site collections....and so on.
There was a lot of promises but now Durable links are not better then Document ID. They are worse.

Make it useful not useless. Lets make documents durable links really durable. I don't care how the technology is called. Me and our customers really need solid technology that is available already on different platforms. Why you don't you use search to be used if document is moved across site collection? Why only Microsoft documents reflect Durable links? Why there is still missing documentation on Durable links?

Hey Microsoft, there are also other formats than Office the users are saving to SharePoint!!!

As a SharePoint consultant I am really disappointed what you promised and what you really implement.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jakub UrbanJakub Urban shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChiragChirag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if we use durable links in present form, it downloads the document instead of opening the document. It will need three click before one can start working on the document. Very unpleasant user experience.

Feedback and Knowledge Base