remove modern pages
This is some horrible nightmare that I woke up to. This "Modern Pages" roll-out is one of the worst things I've ever seen come from the Microsoft team. The ability for end-users to customize these new pages is extremely limited and now I'm getting backlash from our end users how ugly SharePoint is becoming and how we need to fix it (Like there's anything I can do). Now they want me to look at some other CMS and move to something different. At least give your customers some options.
We’ve made substantial investments in modern page authoring in SharePoint in both the authoring canvas and a long list of web parts. We are also delivering more now. If you have specific gaps that remain as you use the latest capabilities, please up a new specific feature request.
7 commentsComments are closed
Anthony Martin commented
@Microsoft SharePoint, @Admin, @sharepoint Experiences Team - Still not enough functionality another 18 months on.
Please can we have the basic HTML / CMS editing functionality found in most modern site design platforms like Wix, Weebly, Site Builder, Joomla or Wordpress.
* Anchor Tags
* Image Size definitions
* Link Targets
* InLine Images (Within Text blocks)
* Audiencing control (so we for instance can choose for a section to be visible for Staff members or Students
* CSS overrides
* Page Tags
* Horizontal Tabbed Content (to create flowing content, in the same screen real estate and improve calls to action)
* Article links (utilising Anchor Links)
* Page templates (for quick re-use)
* Column width editing
* Section background colouring / image background
* Navigation menus - using images (more than 4 to a row) + ability to customise the image size)
* Automatic page publishing dates (publish and unpublish)
Marcel Bouvrie commented
Using Modern template is like playing with Lego Duplo,when you are used to play with Lego Technics.
The way images are handled in the header and in the image gallery is really terrible. Do not use layovers on or crop images that people upload. the effect is disturbing.
Using repetative webparts on different pages is a nightmare. Highlighted content is not flexible enough. Using the doc lib webpart is almost impossible cos you cannot change the column width
oooh i have sooooo many arrrrghsss...
At least You were not that convinced yourself - so You left a way to switch back to the original layout. But PLEASE REMEMBER THIS DECISION. I do not want to click the new layout away EACH AND EVERY TIME.
Hey guys, we just rolled out a big update to Modern Pages along with the Communication Sites release. We'd love for you to tell us what you think now and how these improvements landed. We've added:
- Multi Column sections
- Drag and drop rearrange of parts
- Title Region customization
- Focal point support in title region
- Page comments
- 20+ web parts including many with new layout options
- OOB mobile integration in SharePoint apps
- New site designs and page templates
And we're still adding more. Please keep your feedback coming. Thanks!
It sucks the new "modern pages". We can't customize anything!
Agreed - Our SharePoint site admins and users are now dealing with 2 page formats that look and function completely differently (referring to wiki pages vs new modern site pages).
There 100% needs to be a site feature to activate/deactivate these modern site pages or a site setting to pick the page template that the menu option "Site > Add a page" uses.
LOL. I agree. We need more control over Pages. I think they should implement a Page Tempalte feature we can remove every element from the Page and reuse those templates. Here's that idea: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/18245221-page-templates-for-modern-pages-and-libraries-that