SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Optionally disable feedback button

I see this Feedback button everywhere. Can I disable that this button is shown to my end-users? Please add this as an option I can set for a whole Site collection. Because users think this feedback is going to our internal IT department.

447 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback – on the feedback button. As noted by folks in the comments you can use the Set-SPOTenant command to disable this button (there was a bug, but it has since been fixed). See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-online/set-spotenant?view=sharepoint-ps for details on the cmdlet and parameter. We are exploring setting to off by default; please open a new UV suggestion if you’d like to comment or vote on that option. NOTE: this only applies to the feedback button; there is no way to disable the “get mobile app” button at this time.

49 comments

Comments are closed
  • Jason Brownhill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Koen Zomers, that looks as though it worked for me. Shame it doesn't disable the 'get the mobile app' button too - I'm going to have to search for that one too! :o)

• Robert M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see that this that there are some progress on hiding the button. It would be a nice feature, if the feedback button can be configured to send feedback to the actual organization or to the site owners. But as it is implemented right now it is very unfortunate and misleading.

• Don R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the others that have said the Feedback button is confusing. My users think they are sending feedback about the site, not about Microsoft's products. We should also be able to hide the Get the mobile app.

• remco.gerrets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any clarity on when MS will be making this configurable. As mentioned by other customers (business or IT professionals), these features border on guerilla tactics marketing and are far too invasive for an enterprise environment.

We are not startups, we are working with thousands of end-users across the globe. This demands clarity and unambiguous means of communication. I am sure this feature is in breach with many corporate governance and privacy policies.

MS, please do the right thing... just make it configuratble asap. Or as your president would say: "Make SharePoint Online great again!"

• Jacobus Coetzee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously.... Just read the suggestions (sorted by new). A lot of them makes no sense and you can see these are added by business users in the context of their current experience.

Disabling this should be configurable, removal would be best, but as a mid-term solution, at least RENAME the button.

• Colin Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's now well over a year since this issue was raised and it really should have been resolved by now. On the one hand we are trying to promote the new tools that you give us and then you shoot yourself in the foot by doing stuff like this so that the very first thing we have to do is figure out a hack as how to hide stuff that we don't want and don't need - get it sorted!

• Robert Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you at least rename the button to Microsoft Feedback or something? This is very misleading to users. I usually hide this button to avoid confusion.

• Bernhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Practically all our customers strictly reject feedback/mobile apps buttons (EU! GDPR!). We will write some custom extension to hide this, but that shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

• YatinP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feedback button in my customer's SharePoint document library is uncalled for and misleading. They think they are sending feedback to me or the company admins, so they are sending their issues thinking we will fix them.

• John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are testing now heavily communications sites which meet many business requirements but the feedback button and the other one for getting the mobile app are proving to be very distracting to our user base

• Tracy Jerram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major GDPR Risk. Microsoft what are you thinking???

Please make a change to the notice to say feedback is going to MICROSOFT not our payroll company. Our clients believe they are sending us confidential information!

Give us the option to remove for end users please URGENTLY

At the moment, Microsoft is setting up every business using Sharepoint in Europe to breach GDPR regulation in 'one' button.

HELP!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a security risk and should be addressed as a matter or urgency. It would not be good for Microsoft's, or their customers' reputation if users accidentally share sensitive information. This should not just be treated as a suggestion for how the product could work differently.

• Yassar Abbas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please microsoft enable this to button to be made optional and if not then for it to at least work.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is causing major issues for our new projects and being frowned upon by clients.

• Daniel Fitzpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As previously mentioned, we would prefer the ability to disable this feature completely, but understanding that feedback is important to Microsoft, the buttons message should at least be updated to reflect it is going TO MICROSOFT and not to the SharePoint Administrators. This should be a very quick fix for all involved.

• Siegfried Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As already mentioned by others: both, the "Feedback" and the "Get Mobile App" buttons should be configurable to be displayed or not.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base