SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Page templates for Modern Pages and Libraries that allow removal of elements and reuse

Allow page authors to design page templates right in the Page Edit UI. Page edit would allow them to remove the Title Banner, Logo, left navigation, Edit link, New Link, Share Link, Search box and save the template for reuse.

Page Templates would support web parts and new developed custom JS controls for things like custom navigation controls.

206 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

o365SPO shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suddenly In my test tenant it is showing " out of the box templates from Microsoft and any templates saved to the site" in the Site Pages library.

I want to create the same functionality to another Tenant, can you please suggest how to get this and am i missing any tenant level setting?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing I struggle the most is all the white space, not being able to use all of the available width of a modern site page on a classic site, too much space between the web parts. The columns don't adjust to the width of the data and I haven't found any good way to use the two column layouts. Regardless which format of the two column choices I select, the data in the web parts doesn't display properly.

• o365SPO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, but saving a modern page as a template does not address the loss of functionality. Ideally, would we be able to turn off many parts of the modern page like the Title, Search, Navigation, etc..

• Mandino Nabula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In older sharepoint pages you can achieve this with a script editor, hiding elements with css or javascript. So I think this is a good idea, but to put back the script editors would be even better.

• tsa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love modern page, though the drastic change doesn't come as intuitively for some users who are accustomed to classic page. A template that allows a couple of default web parts (text, image) would be a good start for users who doesn't know what to do with a blank page. TY!

• Ryan Healy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could have some configurable elements, like hide/show, then just using the ability to create copies would suffice, templates wouldn't be necessary.

Having said that being able to provision pages through code would be helpful so templates would be welcome

• D Mogren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are struggling with the over abundance of white space. Configurable spacing is needed.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I truly like where modern sites are going but we need more flexibility in removing white space / page layout, list view web part configuration, navigation control, search functionality...you know, like what we have with previous SP versions. Consultants are asking for this. Customers are asking for this. MS - Please help those that are helping you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base