SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Remove banner and header title from modern pages

I would like to be able to remove the header from the new/modern "Pages". When I add a new page on SharePoint online now, I love the new page except for the top header image and text which takes up about a 3rd of the page. It's wasted space and not aesthetically pleasing.

276 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two requests in this one item. Based on the title, I’m going to mark this done with our work to add four layouts to the title area. One of these layouts is called “Plain” and shows only one line of page title, with no image.

Many of the comments are asking for another great feature, not related to the page title area, but rather the site header. We’re also working on allowing options to resize this area. We’ve added a “compact view” for the site header, and have plans for an even more minimized view. If this feature is what you’d like to upvote, please add a new UserVoice request.

24 comments

Comments are closed
  • Martine Goetschalckx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft... one more vote to please add some functionality to get rid of the title and other elements like the search bar, site logo and publish bar etc. So we don't lose half of a screen.

• Petra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can these be options we can choose rather than be stuck with what we got . users want to remove the header and banner and also want to resize the banner

• bdestro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

get rid of other elements like the search bar, site logo and publish bar etc. would be fantastic to make full use of the screen view.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copying the home page does work, but that's not something I can explain to my more casual users. This should be an option on the page!

I've worked out how to get rid of the title. Create the page by copying the Home Page of the site collection. However, getting rid of other elements like the search bar, site logo and publish bar etc. would be fantastic to make full use of the screen view.

• Juan Pineiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We noticed MSFT recently updated Themes and Navigation for Modern SharePoint Online but there is still (apparently) no way to do hide Title??

We have many users refusing to go live on Modern SPO because of look and feel issues like this.

We would like to have a way to hide Title and other objects on Modern pages like :

* Search box
    * Site Logo
    * The Publish Bar (New, Send by mail, Promote, Page Details)

Thanks.

• PooLP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@suresh : It's working, but with a big white space space ^^
    @Microsoft : please, add option to remove completely banner and header title (and option for remove site header)

• suresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like there has been an update for this. Edit the page and edit the header section. Four layout options are presented select "Plain".

You will have to add a header and save the page, which will give the page a name. Edit the header again and then delete the title and save again. You should no longer see the header or banner on the page.

• _o_utofbounds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it seems you can now change the Page Layout Type for modern site pages (select the page in the library > edit properties), if you switch from Article to Home it makes the Header & Banner disappear (a similar fix is possible through SP Designer)

Copy the Home page in the Same Library will get me the page without banner but lost the share via mail and promote options

• bdc604 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No kidding. Why is ms forcing their design choices on us? I appreciate options, not absolute requirements. 2 years of development (or more?) and this is their achievement?

• AA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to sharepoint and I am tasked to create a page for my group. I have created 2. 1 is the original Wiki page and I created another as the modern page using out of the box tools. My mgr prefers the modern page and I do not know how to make the modern page the main page. I do not have an option on the edit feature make homepage on the modern page. Any guidance will help.

• Abhishek 'Abs' Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible to remove this via powershell by changing the page layout to Home:
    Set-PnPListItem -List $ListName -Identity $PageId -Values @{"PageLayoutType"="Home"}

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base