SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Make rename in Teams reflect name changes in Sharepoint?

When I rename a folder in the Teams app, the underlying folder is not renamed in sharepoint. This is most confusing.

1,990 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

155 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pete Gleason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any day now MS. It is so hard to achieve user adoption when something as basic as changing a channel name completely screws up a project.

• Jason Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow... 2 years and still no ETA. Just discovered this issue, the solution doesn't even have to be automatic. All you need to do is to allow the user to select the appropriate sharepoint folder in Edit Channel, and then update all the connections to this folder. I'd be happy with that. What is holding back the team from implementing it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also vote for this on the MS Teams UserVoice side so we can get more eyes on this.

• Mike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect a lot of "casual" administrators, who are wearing other hats, may not even be aware of the mess created by SharePoint failing to sync it's corresponding file folder path when a Teams channel name is changed. Otherwise, the vote count for this issue might be significantly higher.

• Covey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a workaround to re-path the files tab if the folder name has been changed within SharePoint and therefore no longer works as the files tab in teams?

My company is moving away from network share to Teams/Sharepoint. I figured out how to sync Teams files to my PC with OneDrive, but since the folder names are all different from the actual teams/channels, it's confusing. We can't delete the whole Team and start over.

Fix!!!

• Tony Lane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To @Glen King's question about workaround: I found that if I opened the folder in Sharepoint from the Teams Channel, it restored the old folder name. Then I moved everything from the new folder name to the restored old folder name. Annoying but quite quick to do.

• Glenn King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing everybody else. This is super annoying and needs to be fixed.

Is there a work around even? How do you restore your connection to the channel after it's been broken through renaming it?

• Jon Scruggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing the below - looking for a status update here. The last update was 2.5 months ago.

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 months since the latest response to this bug (from the Teams and SharePoint teams). Any further update on ETA, Progress, Status?

My team is running into issues with this as well (renaming of folders in Teams not linking up with Sharepoint). It has created some confusion. Hope to see a solve soon! Thanks.

• Ouellette.lorraine@cegepvicto.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so confusing do not change the SharePoint Name when the users changer Canal name. I have to add our users to adopt Teams but they said it will be difficult because this probleme who is confusing.
    It seems to be a very long time that problem is list here, what is the problem?? Are you working on this problem?

• Soohun Kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear the team,

I think it is quite disappointing for me who is a big fan of Microsoft.

It has been raised more than 2 years ago, and it is clearly a bug, not the improvement.

I’m in charge of transformation of our corporate and trying to adopt Teams a sole communication tool, but the effort of Microsoft seems to be slow to win this game.

Please update ETA of this critical issue to all lovers of your product, as soon as possible.

Why did it take nearly a year and a half for a response from Microsoft on this? Seems to be an important issue.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base