SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Enable Audience targeting on modern page web parts

It would be great to be able to target content by Audience (using global audiences and SharePoint groups) on the modern web parts just like we were able on the classic pages. Thanks

479 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add it for link sections as well. I want to show different links to different types of people.

• René Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should at least be targeting on Library webparts and ListView webparts. But why not all standard MS webparts?

• Remco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this for all webparts but specifically Quick links!

• Reindert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

High lighted content web part is already permission trimmed because it uses search. Quick Links web part would benefit most from this!!

• Patrizia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick link and Hero webparts are the most important for audience targeting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Web Part! Although at the moment, the Quick Links and Yammer Web Parts are the two we are waiting for so as to display Audience appropriate Lists.

Thanks in advance!

• Rick DeFoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Audience targeting in the Quick links webpart would be very beneficial. I would say applying audiences to the entire webpart and also the ability to apply audience targeting to individual links is needed.

• CE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a page with quick link sections. I need to show certain links to managers and other links to non managers.

• Ashwini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would need audience targeting on Document Library Preview and Quick Links web-part on the modern page. Helps us to show business-specific documents and links to different users.

• Andreas Eriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With audience targeting on webparts we would create a intranet that shows different KPI for different departments.

• Tim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Weather webpart would be nice to have be either audience aware or be away of the end user's location.

• Mike Lorentz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is great news but want to emphasize that while it's important to be able to apply audiencing to the Webpart as a whole, it is also important to to be able to target any element within, for example to be able to target one of five hero tiles on a page to managers only, or to be able to use one Quick Links webpart to show business-specific links to different users.

• André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely add the sites web part. Than you are able to add sites to the hub sites for different audiences

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to seeing these updates!

Having these web parts iwth Audience targeting would be great:
        Quick Links Web Part
        Document Web Part
        List Web Part

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While you are at it, please can there be an easier way of managing user permissions at the page level on a SharePoint site. I haven't yet managed to get this to work properly...

• Rebekka Aalbers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely Quick Links webpart and also audiences on the webpart level itself, not only on the content in the webparts.

• Camilla Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Targeting is good news!

We allow “everyone except external users” as visitors in all group sites.

Would like targeting for quick links web part, as we need to show links for only group members, or only internal users.

Targeting the group calendar web part so that visitors don’t see it, would be great too.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base