SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Enable Audience targeting on modern page web parts

It would be great to be able to target content by Audience (using global audiences and SharePoint groups) on the modern web parts just like we were able on the classic pages. Thanks

669 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

109 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sev Derghazarian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to be able to use Target Audience on any web part on a modern page.

Quick links, file viewer, document library webparts, text.

e.g. site members could see additional instructions on a page directly with visitors only the complete content.

• Jennifer Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Targeted Audience and global security groups are critical to our design. Please give all modern web parts the Target Audience option. Most critical is Quick Links and Hero.

We need to serve users the right links based on their company and geography.

• A Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick links and hero web parts are so important - really affecting design choices.

• Sally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Audience targeting for list web parts is an important requirement too. This works in the Classic Template but not the Modern Experience!

• Tom Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enabling audience targeting of the whole web part on the following:

* Quick Links
    * Text
    * Link
    * Embed
    * Document Library
    * O365 Video

...would be very beneficial to our migration path.

Does the "Working On It" note mean:
    * audience targeting for visibility of the WHOLE web part?
    * respecting audience targeting settings on the individual LIST ITEMS you're pulling, e.g., via a HCWP or Events web part?

Nuances are important--please be clear on what you're enabling!

• Nonka Masuda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to use target audience for Quick link webparts. This is necessary to separate contents to display on home page based on the group.

• Asif Iqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the PowerBi webpart. This web part is not available in old style pages. It is only available in modern pages. But the problem is that target audience is missing in modern web part.
    What should I do now? :(

• Asif Iqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this? Why the target audience is disappear in modern site pages web parts. This is strange. How the developers missed it???

• Pavel Bludov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This!

"Audience targeting in the Quick links webpart would be very beneficial. I would say applying audiences to the entire webpart and also the ability to apply audience targeting to individual links is needed. Hero next."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about adding targeted audience to the menu items on Modern sites. If it is available, I do not see it.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was there any recent updates on this ?

It causes me so many headaches.... Why aren't we able to specify permissions for specific view.... audience targeting resolves it (on classic experience) PLEASE FIX IT!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Audience targeting in the Quick links webpart would be very beneficial. I would say applying audiences to the entire webpart and also the ability to apply audience targeting to individual links is needed. Hero next.

• Jonathan Ogden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MAJOR security block for us.

With Microsoft forcing SharePoint Online to the Modern design on April 1st, and not being able to have webparts targeted to audiences. We are needing to recreate, by hand, hundreds of site pages across dozens of site collections and web sites in our SharePoint online environment.

PLEASE implement ASAP.
    Thank you.

• DW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me audience target Quick Links and the Navigation

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base