SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Enable Audience targeting on modern page web parts

It would be great to be able to target content by Audience (using global audiences and SharePoint groups) on the modern web parts just like we were able on the classic pages. Thanks

742 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Niels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hub site navigation needs audience targeting, or maybe better security trimming.

• Anthony Di Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would love to have audience targeting enabled for the PowerApps web part. This would allow LOB connected applications to function in a state that is clear instead of a nag prompt that says, "It looks like you don't have access to this app. Ask its owner to share it with you."

• Suresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would it be possible to provide audience targeting for list/ library views?

• Fabske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enabling target audience for the quick links web part is essential for building our corporate intranet.

• HarzicN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the Quick Links web part were targeted the site admin could create a group of links that have limited access. We are a school and that would allow a page to contain links to areas that are accessible to students and others that are accessible to staff members only. At the moment, we get a lot of requests to access documents that students should not even be aware of. Teachers complain that they are not able to control when and how syllabus materials are released to the students.

• Anna Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use case for target audiences in Sites web part. Allow to inherit site permissions so site icons are visible only to users who have permission to access to it (instead of seeing the site icon, clicking on it, and getting "access denied" message).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One specific scenario for us is a service where our employees can view some of their financial data. We link to this service from our sharepoint page, and it uses their O365 login. However, the service is not available to all employees.

We would like to have one "My Finances" page in Sharepoint which:

- For users who do have access to the finances service, will show the link and give login instructions OR
    - For users who do NOT have access to the finances service, explains this lack and gives them alternatives.

The ideal solution would be to have two Text Web parts: one targeted to each group (via security groups we already have set up). That way they'd see only the instructions that apply to them.

• sraffay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we can separate in links or hero webpart.
    Imagine this: In a central hub page you would like make an attention to blood donate, but only in one location.
    OR
    You want a give a quick links section, but one of this links (which point only a local interested page) can targeted by audience.

• Kimberly Eridon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love it to be available for ALL web parts. Text, Libraries, Lists, images, and Stream are all features I use right now where I need to be able to target specific audiences, so I don't have to make multiple sites with similar content. Please get this running like it did in 2010 sometime soon! Thanks!

• Henrik Groth-Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Audience targeting is in the roadmap, but when will it be available?

I would also like to see documentation on how to use it :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this will be available? Personalization is one of the key features of our intranet. We cannot move forward with Modern pages without the target audience feature

• Sev Derghazarian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to be able to use Target Audience on any web part on a modern page.

Quick links, file viewer, document library webparts, text.

e.g. site members could see additional instructions on a page directly with visitors only the complete content.

• Jennifer Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Targeted Audience and global security groups are critical to our design. Please give all modern web parts the Target Audience option. Most critical is Quick Links and Hero.

We need to serve users the right links based on their company and geography.

• A Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick links and hero web parts are so important - really affecting design choices.

• Sally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Audience targeting for list web parts is an important requirement too. This works in the Classic Template but not the Modern Experience!

• Tom Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enabling audience targeting of the whole web part on the following:

* Quick Links
    * Text
    * Link
    * Embed
    * Document Library
    * O365 Video

...would be very beneficial to our migration path.

Does the "Working On It" note mean:
    * audience targeting for visibility of the WHOLE web part?
    * respecting audience targeting settings on the individual LIST ITEMS you're pulling, e.g., via a HCWP or Events web part?

Nuances are important--please be clear on what you're enabling!

• Nonka Masuda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to use target audience for Quick link webparts. This is necessary to separate contents to display on home page based on the group.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base