SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Disable Comments on new Pages by default

I like the new Comments feature on Comm. Sites.
But there are use cases, where you need to create plenty of pages without comments. After publishing a new page we need to edit, disable comments and publish this page again.

Would be nice to enable/disable comments by default on Site Collection level.

75 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick Nehm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Deich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a simple default to hide comments on Site Pages would be huge. I don't want them disabled so that no one can optionally use them, but my content creators are driven crazy that they have to go back and hide them after publishing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a bug to me. Even if i copy a page where comments are disabled it gets enabled on the new page and I have to re-edit the page and disable it. There is also nothing in the edit mode that indicates that comments are enabled from the beginning, very confusing for end users.

• Ype Poortinga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comments are only useful on news articles in our domain. Would love to see this feature turned off by default, and only enabled when adding a new page to certain page libraries.

• Abe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like low hanging fruit. Maybe throw us a bone and get this one done?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to enable/disable comments on page level, page library level, web and site level.

Feedback and Knowledge Base