SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Disable Comments on new Pages by default

I like the new Comments feature on Comm. Sites.
But there are use cases, where you need to create plenty of pages without comments. After publishing a new page we need to edit, disable comments and publish this page again.

Would be nice to enable/disable comments by default on Site Collection level.

67 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick Nehm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Deich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a simple default to hide comments on Site Pages would be huge. I don't want them disabled so that no one can optionally use them, but my content creators are driven crazy that they have to go back and hide them after publishing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a bug to me. Even if i copy a page where comments are disabled it gets enabled on the new page and I have to re-edit the page and disable it. There is also nothing in the edit mode that indicates that comments are enabled from the beginning, very confusing for end users.

• Ype Poortinga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comments are only useful on news articles in our domain. Would love to see this feature turned off by default, and only enabled when adding a new page to certain page libraries.

• Abe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like low hanging fruit. Maybe throw us a bone and get this one done?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to enable/disable comments on page level, page library level, web and site level.

Feedback and Knowledge Base