SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Add language picker to the site creation wizard

Communication & modern team sites created only in English. There is no option to create them in other languages. Please add language picker to process. Global organizations have local subsidiaries and they wish to allow local teams to communicate in the local language. In the tenant admin you can set option to force default language for all tenant sites or to allow language selection which will be added to the self site creation wizard.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Meron Fridman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lea Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Add the locale/region language selector when creating sites so one can choose which flavour of English (as well as other languages of course!) the site should use. Also push this setting to the O365 Group that gets created with Modern Team sites.

• Villads Chester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a must-have!

For my 10000 users site creation was default to Danish. As a fix Microsoft changed this to English, but of course they should allow users to freely choose their language upon site creation.

Yeah, would be even better if site language, including notifications and groups etc, could be changed after creation, but I guess that's another story :)

• Rémi FOUCHAULT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My compagny use 3 languages.. German, French, Italien. By default the site creation is in German... A lot of Italien and French people DONT understand German.... that's a big trouble...

I vote 1'000'000 for this featuers

Feedback and Knowledge Base