I suggest you ....

Add News Article Metadata

Add News Article Metadata

When adding a news article (site page) on Communication Sites, through the new interface, it would be great to be able to populate additional metadata for the page.

This could be along the lines of tagging pages with keywords for searching through articles or adding custom metadata.

59 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Herbert Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great the author as well users could somehow influence and value the news collected/proposed by delph/graph. I would love to indicate the news is of relevance only today, next week, next month or of an entire year.

• Craig Debbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news web part isn't exactly transparent in where it's getting the news articles (site pages) and it isn't exactly transparent in identifying which of the site pages it's picking. (apparently some hidden column identifies a site page as 'news'). Please clarify this and allow some customization.

Further the news web part doesn't offer a 'show all news' button so where does a user go to find older news (k maybe I'm missing something obvious here but this seems like a no brainer request). Or I guess I can make a new page with a single New web part on it and create a 'show all news button' which points to this new page?

• Craig Debbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news web part isn't exactly transparent in where it's getting the news articles (site pages) and it's exactly transparent in identifying which of the site pages it's picking. (apparently some hidden column identifies a site page as 'news'). Please clarify this and allow some customization.

Further the news web part doesn't offer a 'show all news' button so where does a user go to find older news (k maybe I'm missing something obvious here but this seems like a no brainer request)

• Rene Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can add the following.

It is possible to setup my own content type on the pages library in a Communication Site, and setup that certain colums are required in said content type.

In the pages library I then set my new content type as standard. Then I try Add News and it behaves just like before. It even saves and publishes the page without alerting my to the missing column information.

In the Pages library, if I choose the news article and view its properties, the property pane correctly tells me that a required column is not filled out.

In version history, a major version is published despite the required column never getting any data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base