SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

In SPO, enable the option of activating SP publishing infrastructure feature in Communication sites

In SPO, enable the option of activating SP publishing infrastructure feature in the modern Communication site template/sitecollection.

251 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vinoth Chandrasekaran shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on modern versions of the publishing feature set outside of the publishing infrastructure, so in one sense we’re trying to address the need that this request gets at. But to the text of the request itself, we won’t be enabling the ability to turn on the existing publishing infrastructure in Communication sites.

Thanks,
Sites Product Team

73 comments

Comments are closed
  • Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, need the server publishing feature enabled to utilize a custom CSS file to handle the word-wrap issue in InfoPath multi-line text boxes.

• i💗ono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this needs to be enabled so I can have a reference to a custom css file on the master page for the non-Modern pages that still exist within a "Modern" site

• Jose M Tamez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your documentation you claim that the communications template replaces the Publishing template, but you can't active the Publishing Infrastructure on a communications site, what gives? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Communication sites have better look and feel but still it would be to have Publishing Feature option available in order to make sites more interactive from UI and Navigation points of view.

So good to have that option.

• mahesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a repeating issue with SPO, every time a new feature gets exposed in a Half-backed way, and seems these are released with very little flexibility. Enabling publishing feature will help us to adopt the communication sites better.

• Anthony Di Leonardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without managed metadata navigation communication site are a hard sell to anyone. Without a common intranet global navigation we cannot expect user adoption for SharePoint online communication sites in the industry.

• merly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add so we can have managed navigation. your documentation always emphasizes that managed navigation is recommended and communication and modern sites is recommended but we cannot do it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why?
    Please make possible to enable publishing site collection feature on modern communication site

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base