SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Ability to resize images on modern pages

I'd like to be able to resize an image directly from the modern pages image webpart. This is really annoying that the pages are so easy to create but that you can't control the image size on the page.

263 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • René Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You might now be able to crop the image, but have no idea what size you've cropped the image to (without using F12). Please let that information be visible to the editor.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A year later and the image problem still has not been addressed - unbelievable!

• HarzicN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too spent far too long trying to work out how to resize images--you can crop but not resize. I reverted to searching online only to find out it cannot be done. Any update on when this will be available? That would be great. Thanks.

• Igor Marjanovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just spent 2h until I realized this option does not exist. Please add it since image handling is pretty much impossible at the moment.

This is making it really difficult to add images. Has anyone found a useful workaround

Please add this feature. It's available in every other web editing platform for the past 15 years

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvote! This seems makes the pages pretty much unusable for me. I need to display images at size, but the pages are zooming in to make image 100% of the width. And then when the page is resized down the aspect ratio is all screwed up. I couldn't think of a worse way to implement images. Please fix.

• Janet S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be good to resize. Certain images get zoomed and pixelated in the Hero web part. No guidance on proper image sizing to these pages and web parts.

• Hasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just add the common picture editing options like we are used to using within Word. Hard to explain to users if this would be the only option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base