SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Allow existing site pages to be added to the "News"

I see these pages have a "Promoted State" and "FirstPublishedDate" that are used to determine if a page should be shown as News, but these properties cannot be changed. I want to be able to take an existing site page, and publish it as News.

Alternatively, you could let me publish news to a library separate from the site pages so I'm not cluttering my wiki page library.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan Eckman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jenny.bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with Jonathan about publishing news to a separate library.
    In our intranet, we only require content approval for news. The recently released 'out of the box' page approvals applies to all pages regardless of purpose. Our organization's intranet team staffing level cannot support review of all pages on our intranet, but we can handle news approvals.

• A.Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and pls don´t Forget to implement a "demote-news" button, so that a page that was promoted to News falsly can be demoted back to page again. Or when the timespan a News is a News expired but the info it contains Needs to be pertained as "normal" page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base