SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Features to Edit Modern Pages

There is too little control of a Modern Page. You can't control text size and coloring, you have limited format control, and most of all you can't *edit source*. I used this to drop in things like Image Maps or other HTML that there was no way to add in.

158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tim Cornelson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no page source editing -> fine with me
        not embeding arbitrary HTML -> fine with me
        no script editor -> fine with me

not able to left align and resize images -> WTH? This is one of the most basic features a sharepoint page should have!

The formatting options of the Text and Image webpart are way too less.

• Rav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to edit images inserted in to a text control in a Modern Page ?

• Janine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Admin! Any info on when the on-page anchors will be available??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the lack of control over formatting on Modern pages is frustrating. Not since the days of WordPerfect have I struggled so much to get things to look and work the way I want them to.

• Dave Heffernan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finding it very hard to push the adoption of Modern pages with so little control available. Even the abiluty to add anchors on a long page has stopped users in their tracks!

Agree with previous comments. Modern pages are very hard to work with. One expects that features of Classic would be available in a modern page (e.g. via Communication Site). In particular the lack of anchor points is very frustrating for end users who have to scroll through a long page

Poor User Experience is occurring as a result of lack of expected standard build functionality within a modern page.

Some of us really want to build corporate intranets on SPO, but we simply cannot when there is zero opportunity to bring modern pages into line with corporate brand guidelines.

• Quido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Things that I miss most:
        * anchors (e.g. for a table of contents),
        * inline pictures,
        * monospaced font (e.g. for code examples),

• Diane Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree, there needs to be more control over the Modern Page! I'm stuck changing the "Look" of my company's entire SharePoint site because the theme we were using creates black text on black background in the list preview web part, and I have not way to change the text color. So now I have to explain to the company president why we can't use the theme he chose.

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure more controls will come with the web parts. The library preview webpart is the same, little control on the look, when we had so many options in the "classic" interface...

Feedback and Knowledge Base