SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Editable publish date

Provide an editable field for publish date of pages and news articles. As we migrate content from another platform it's important to maintain existing "published" dates

62 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TreVon McKay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eduard Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here! we tried every possible combination to update the "FirstPublishedDate" field of the page and found nothing. After publication, it is updated again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to re-publish or re-promote a news item to the top of the feed by being able to update the publish date.

• Melanie Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The publish date also updates when the news item is updated/edited, and in most cases I don't necessarily want that. We would like our news items to maintain the date integrity of when it was originally published. Being able to edit the date would help.

• Yassar Abbas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help us to repromote news stories whenever we need to use them again or are important and so need to appear at the top of any news section. Please please make this happen microsoft, as at the moment the only option people have is to create a new news item and delete the old one!

• Braden K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. This has been a fairly impactful sticking point for several large intranets build on a modern Communication site. The ability to re-order and/or change publish date would be extremely helpful.

• Bandy Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the funcationality is that the latest stories are shown in chronological order from newest to oldest based on their initial publish date. It should be either editable or should at the very least ordered by last published date or provide site owner options to choose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base