SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Change page or news page authors

please add the possibility to modify the page author so e.g. the comms dept is able to add news posts from the Executives. The People Web Part is not sufficient for our business request and a general editors account is not allowed.

107 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the first thing my Corp Communication department asked for when I should them the News feature.

• Laurent D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must happen.

In a lot of organizations, the author of a news rarely goes in Sharepoint to publish the news.
        Specific employees are responsible for publishing news items from different contributors, e.g. Directors, VPs, etc.

• Roch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need that too. I would suggest to create a Contact field and use it in the News web part instead of Author. If it is blank, then it should show the Created by.

• Jonathan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking for this at our company as well, the communications team would like to be able to publish stories as a team or ghost writer account like they can with Linked in. This is a small block in getting out of Beta mode on our communications site.

• Colleen Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frankly I'd like more control over the "Byline" altogether. Let me decide if I want to show the Author, time, how many views the page has had.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the organizations the executive news are published by content authors, so it is very very important to be able add Author / Published by to be a person other than who created in the system. This is critical, please consider introducing this feature to take advantage of the NEWS for all the digital workplaces

• Stan Lockhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Corporate Communications most definitely don't like/want bylines. How to remove other than code? This was a problem in former versions of SP, always had to jump through a hoop to get rid of bylines in publishing.

• Mads Nissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also with modern sites and news, the CreatedBy property is reused in all listings, both on the global SharePoint landing page and in the mobile app.

Sender is incredibly important when publishing content, so there must be a way to override created by. I would prefer one simple property for Author, which if populated, would override CreatedBy in all views/listings.

This is a major blocker for realising modern sharepoint news as a corporate news function. Currently all our news seems to be written by one marketing person - which is not true.

Feedback and Knowledge Base