SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Add a link to a image in the Webpart image

In the new web part image of the modern experience, it's impossible to add a link to the image. You should add this possibily, with an option to open "in / out the screen". Without that, it's now impossible now to put a "image / button" to open another page.

197 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christophe COUPEZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fleur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked that this is not available and surprised that there are not more votes. We really need this.

• Alex Burgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At lease make the hero webpart more customizable or something. Currently the communication sites are somewhat lacking in customization featues!

• Barbara S. Mesa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add it. I've been using Wiki Page and tried Site Page instead and it is definitely easier to edit but it doesn't have that feature. I believe it is a must.

• Jennifer Sachs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that this only has 56 votes! Ditto to the "this is a no-brainer" and "this is Web 101" comments. If this isn't low-hanging fruit, I don't know what is!

• Ben Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary. Obviously quicklinks and hero are good web parts but using the image web part to build your own lay out adds much needed flexibility. I'm really surprised this really basic feature isn't already available.

• D Mogren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with others. This should be a no-brainer. One of the ways to work around the generic look of the web parts is to create images with the look and feel you want but they Must be linkable!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft this is basic stuff. In order to move forward and have this communications site as something we can use you need to make this happen. Otherwise its a no go.

• Mike Smith-Knutsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad someone else had this on their radar; was putting together a page using Web Parts and was surprised to find that I could not add a "button" to the page; no way to wrap a link to an image that I had uploaded, and no way to directly edit the HTML.

Please make this happen, Microsoft!

Feedback and Knowledge Base