SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

New Experience Issues

In the new experience, our users still want: 1) to check-in multiple files; 2) open .msg and .pdf files in their client application without having to download it; and 3) in the viewer while looking at a pdf file with an electronic signature, the signature disappears; we'd like to see the signature please.

158 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paula Flores shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kaare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this a querstion ??

OFC we want this !

Jeg accepterer opbevaringen af min e-mailadresse, navn og IP-adresse. Denne information og enhver form for feedback jeg giver må bruges til at fremme produktbeslutninger og til at varsle mig om produktopdateringer. (Du kan framelde dig når som helst.)

I herby remove my consent for you to keep my infomation.
    I'm descusted by the fact that I'm forced to do so in a simple vote!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the functionality to open .msg and .pdf files in their client application without having to download it!
    (Thank you for adding check-in multiple files. It took only about 4 years...).

• Brandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the functionality to open .msg and .pdf files in their client application without having to download it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big issue for us, too. The files should definetly open automatically in Outlook.

• Helen Dalziel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree as follows: Opening .msg files in outlook without having to download them is a must have. This is a huge issue

• Glen Roetman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening .msg files in outlook without having to download them is a must have. This is a huge issue.

• AnnaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this capability, we don't want people to create duplication of files by having to download them somewhere first. It also affects security policies.

Please add this functionality. Opening .msg files in outlook without having to download them is essential.

• Andy Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious issue for us as we prepare to migrate file storage to O365. Many of our business units archive msg files and require the ability to easily recover the message and view attachments without having to go through a workaround downloading the file, which kinda undermines the whole ethos of using O365.

• Jean-Marie Mesot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable .msg files to be opened with desktop Outlook version, please make this as a high priority.
    thank you!

• Bjørge Wiersdalen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable .msg files to be opened with desktop Outlook version, this is a serious problem. many e-mails contains attachment that will be hidden in the web. browser version. Should be totally unnecessary to Choose->download-> store-> Find-> open to get access to all info. in an e-mail

• shanthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable .msg files to be opened with desktop Outlook version, please make this as a high priority.
    thank you!

Agree the need to download before opening an email increased the click count considerably. Can this be a high priority please

• Vaclav Beca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable .msg files to be opened with desktop Outlook version or to be redirected to something like Outlook Web App. Our users wants the same experience with msg files like ordinary docx (Word) files - so open and work with them in web browser. Thanks a lot :)

• Lisa Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. .msg and .pdf files shouls open in their client application without having to download them first

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base