SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Full-Width Column Webpart available to Team Site Template

In the Modern Experience, allow the option to add "Full-Width Column" webpart. Currently, this is exclusively available for Communication Site template. Would be great to have this available for Team Site template. It does not look aesthetically appealing have this area of white space on the right hand on a site page.

213 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to add a full width column to any of our sharePoint site collections, whether classic or modern, Team Site or Communications site. Also, we want the Focus button back with the modern page so we can toggle on and off the quick launch bar - We always want the ability to display the quick launch bar - just need the ability to have a default setting for the focus button that is configurable for each page so we can specify whether the Quick Launch displays or doesn't display by default. Either way the opposite setting can be achieve by clicking the focus button.

• René Henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially evident when using the Planner webpart. It is usually too wide for the screen already and if you decrease zoom or are on a high-resolution screen, the horisontal scroll bar will be there, just not all the way to the right.

• Rob Chambers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont think they will sort this out, it says on their documentation it was deliverately made this way to guarantee readability, which sounds like crap to me, but there it is. Its more likely they have no idea how to incorporate this into the classic site and make it work reliably!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most all site collections in our tenant are classic SharePoint sites. I've converted most landing pages to use a modern SharePoint site page to improve page load times but the option for the full width layout is not available on a classic site now using a modern site page. It's unrealistic to think all businesses are now going to start over. Granted I now build new site collections using the new modern team templates but we need all the tools possible to make our classic sites work with modern pages. Please help us out and make any new improvements available to use in classic sites.

• eli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on man, the full-width hero is so cool that should not be exclusive for the communication site, team site need it as well!

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! I'm looking for the same solution. Our page looks silly with a bunch of white space on the right.

• Alexander Grill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree with all comments! We need this soon! I am currently forced to create workarrounds with CSS for it to be able to handle a Go-Live Project going on on late december! Or just please provied a "supported" solution for this so we can use teamsite template untill you fixed that design issue. Thanks

• Samir Daoudi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft, make this column available for all the templates, or if you can't just make the content centred, it does not make any sense to have everything aligned left, especially on a wide screen, and converting all the sites to communication sites is not a good approach neither.

• Chris Gillotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When removing the left hand navigation on team sites, everything shifts left and we are left with this large white space on the right. This looks terrible from a user experience perspective. We need a way to be able to have a full width page column to make team sites presentable.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base