SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Printing Modern pages

Need a way to print modern pages, without the navigation pane etc.

189 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well here we are a couple of months later and the BIG news in December is that Microsoft are dumping the Edge rendering engine. Maybe we'll now get a version of Edge that can print modern pages.... The Edge development team must have been in a sad place over Christmas.

• Lasse Soltvedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing as implementing our own CSS for printing is not a good idea for Modern SharePoint, I would love to see a supported option for printing Modern Pages. In one of our cases we have converted an old HR employee handbook to a Modern Page to make it available and appealing on mobile devices. However In some cases we still need to print this handbook (to paper or PDF). Seeing as it would be a hassle to keep two versions up-to-date (both the modern page and a printable file like word) it would be awesome with at least a basic print option. In our case it's important that text and pictures are formatted pretty in a printable format. I understand that other webparts would be hard to display in a printable format, but it should be possible for the "basic" webparts like text, picture or even the seperator-line.

• André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@RobNicholson, good tip, that works. Strange that Microsoft's products probably don't communicate...

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a fix for you - use Chrome. It can print modern pages fine.

I despair sometimes at Edge. Microsoft controls the Windows 10, SharePoint and Edge platforms but they still can't get it to print modern pages :-( It's got better but still broken. I've had a ticket open for over a year on this one. Edge can now render the page correctly at least when printing except when I've just printed a three page Wiki article/modern page, it tries to print 17 pages of which the last 15 are blank.

Microsoft want us to take Edge seriously but the number of incompatibilities and lack of functionality compared to Chrome makes it *very* difficult to defend when one's clients insist we change the default to Chrome :-(

• Richard Laxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing is remarkably bad. In particular, web parts like files and embedded tables look terribly.

• justine.cormack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is basic functionality that should be in place at the time of release.
        Not having this functionality limits the uses that these sites can be put to.

• Julius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature for building a professional corporate knowledge base

• Jeff Roaderick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another item that should be a basic feature. I love Office 365 but it seems to be a collection of half finished applications.

• Ibrahim Sayed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the option of printing modern pages as soon as possible. I was reading about this issue and found out that it has been more than year since users (us) requested. whats the update? Thank you.

• justine.cormack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its incredible that this functionality is not available. This is a must-have for us to develop our Intranet using modern sites.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is considered as a prio1 issue for Rolling out SharePoint as a intranet. This is a must.

Also, entire pages need to be able to be sent to OneNote and downloaded as PDF's for public customers. Contents need to be archived.

Feedback and Knowledge Base