allow saving modern site list as template (for O365 Group Generated Sites)
The O365 group generated modern team sites do not allow you to save lists as templates which makes it extremely time consuming if you have to generate a new list with same/similar columns & formatting. The only alternative is to use a traditional team site and loose the group features.
Please allow items to be duplicated or templated again. Not having this feature makes building sites cumbersome and time consuming.
Mara Papa commented
Allow lists and sites to be templated as standard
Anne Collier commented
I wasted hours trying to find out what, besides scripting, I needed to enable to make this work, running a powershell script to enable the options even though they already had been for months before it occurred to me to try a classic team site. I can't believe that functionality to SHARE lists has been left out of SP... So very frustrating! Please add it to modern sites!
How is the feature missing? how is it possible? whats the logic behind missing the feature? what answer should we give to client when they say they need it? we should have site template option in group .. thats really not understandable
The fact they did not think this should have been an option day one blows me away. This is why can not move to Sharepoint.
Chris Tout commented
Although there are workarounds, this suggests that it's a bad idea...
Regardless - being able to save a site as a template and re-use this to apply consistency would (still) be very useful.
Eilaf Barmare commented
To save sites or lists as templates, we need to enable custom script. For the Office 365 group sites, the feature is disabled by default. You can try the steps below to see if they help:
1. Download and install SharePoint Online Management Shell.
2. Run as an administrator and type the following commands.
• Connect-Sposervice, then input your admin site URL.
• Set-SPOsite <the Group SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0
3. Go to your Group Site>the list you want to save as a template>Settings>List setting
4. Replace listedit.aspx? with savetmpl.aspx? in the URL.
5. Type the file name for the template and click OK.
6. It will be stored in Settings>Site Settings>Web Designer Galleries column>List templates.
7. You can use this list template by adding an app (Settings>Add an app>Apps you can add).
Lea Brooks commented
Agree - this is a must have function for lists and document libraries.
Alex Vincent commented
It is frustrating that this feature is missing. I am frequently asked why this has been removed and can not explain its absence. Please reinstate