SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

bing translation services integrated in a modern site

As there is no variations feature anymore and obviuosly Microsoft isn´t investing in this feature for communications sites it would be pretty helpful to have bing translator integrated to a News page or normal page inside communication sites. We as a large coopertaion have to meet legal requirements providing multiple languages for an Intranet. Its just ´so much effort and not really efficient to create for each language an own communication site and link in between. This is as well nor really ideal for Editors of articles who have to publish their News multiple times in various communication site with the same Content but just in another language.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Brereton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have legal obligations to provide intranet content in multiple languages. Its a shame - the new modern templates are great and Microsoft have obviously put a lot of thought into them... but the need for translation versions has been sadly overlooked. It would be awesome to see the MS Translate technology integrated into these templates!!

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible in a classic SharePoint site, but with the restriction on Script Editor Webparts in the modern site template, this seems to be difficult to solve. I am trying my best to work around this issue as i type!

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The translation service in Yammer would be as well appropriate

Feedback and Knowledge Base