SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Office 365 Connectors web part in Communication Sites

Office 365 Connectors within SharePoint are only available for use within group-connected SharePoint team sites, according to https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/use-the-connector-web-part-db0756aa-f78f-4b74-8b19-be5dca0420e1.

Please add support for using Office 365 Connectors also in Communication Sites. For example, I would like to display data from outside by using an RSS Feed connector on a Communication Site page.

147 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Harold Van de Kamp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • deborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other commenters here, why would this be limited to Group connected sites only? There are so many great features available in general but for some big differences we make the end user choose between using a Group site or Communication site. Why not let users configure either template as we'd like- e.g. horizontal or left navigation, connect to an O365 group or not, add these connectors if needed, etc.?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fire the guy that thought it would be a good idea to make Communication Sites without creating a Groups, then fix it by making them have Groups and everything is solved.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must really - how could MS miss this in the first place!

This absolutely must be included in a Communication Site template. Communication Sites are a key component to MS's Modern Intranet. "Intranets are places where you go to get things done," --Susan Hanley. In order to get things done, we need information. We need RSS. Please!

• Andrew Goodwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is hugely important for Google Analytics Connector on Communication Sites as part of an intranet solution! Far less useful om a Team Site.

• Lance Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this RSS webpart needs to be added to Communication Sites. I am dumbfounded that Microsoft has overlooked this.

I feel like this is more useful on communication sites so I dont understand the thought process on having these only on Team sites

• Lee Gaupp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey MS - please make all web parts equally on a Communication and Teams site. This is puzzling why we would not want to use the webparts on both.

Please work to remove the restriction that a site must be group-enabled in order to take advantage of Connector webparts such as to display an RSS feed

• Debbe Hole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are moving our current intranet to communication sites and are unable to pull in our rss news feeds .. some are not replicated in twitter etc.

• Steve Spooner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential for Communication sites, especially RSS. You can use Flow instead, but that's too time consuming to set up

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Communication site is a top-level communication hub for our Intranet. Having an RSS feed from our website instead of dual publishing the content would be very beneficial.

In the thought process of trying to understand global communications, this should be given sharp consideration

• Donia Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please on this one! If anything, it would be more important to us to be able to view the new Google Analytics Connector on a Communication Site as it is geared towards pushing information out - topics, events or projects. For team sites, it is usually a discrete team working together on the site, it would be less useful to be able to see the numbers of users visiting (would be as expected, mostly)

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition to Communication sites template.

Feedback and Knowledge Base