News Digest Banner and Logo Enhancements
1. Please allow the ability to add a customer banner (color and/or picture).
2. Please allow the ability to have sections and a colored headers for each.
3. Please allow the ability tochange the SharePoint logo to a custom logo or our organization logo.
Sam Dickinson commented
Additional options with full size imagery appropriately sized to correspond with thumbnail image. Current aspect ratios do not play well across instances of the thumbnails.
Alexander Ipfelkofer commented
total votes: 101+186 + 83
ideally, we would want
1) Full control over the layout and look of the email template
2) Option to have several email templates, e.g. per news digest topic/group/department
3) schedule management to send digests comprised of x number of posts within defined time frame (e.,g. last 7 days)
4) access restricted digests via sub folders in the Page Library, right now we manually create new pages in a sub folder within the page library and post them as "News" on the site in order to give different access rights to news posted into the sub folder vs public news in the root of the page library. Not ideal and cumbersome.
There is a really convoluted workaround. If you send a copy to your own email and then forward to intended DL lists. Delete the FW: in the subject, you can add images and change the design of the banner and button colour, deleting the Microsoft and Sharepoint logos etc. Just play around with it. It is irritating but it does what is being requested here.
Lisa J commented
Please make this enhancement - otherwise users perceive the email as spam.
Jessica Bunn commented
Agreed! This would be a great enhancement!
Matt Wilson commented
We were just about to raise the same request. Please get this on the roadmap Microsoft...
Art Harkin commented
Another case of MS SP getting you 90% there and then not doing something widely available elsewhere and making it limited or not ready for prime time.
Will it take the usual 2-3 years to get this one done right?
Martin Harris commented
Agreed, we have clients that flatly refuse to use this feature (despite it being tremendously useful) because the branding is completely at odds with what they are trying to achieve.
brent solem commented
We will not be able to use this important feature because the email looks like it is coming from Microsoft and not from within our organization. The branding defeats the purpose of the email completely.
This is one of the biggest detractors from using the feature. I have had users reporting messages a spam and we have less engagement because out users perceive the messages as being from outside the organization.