SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Better navigation between mysite and collaboration site

Today there is no natural way of going back to a team site from MySite. Make the integration more smoothly and natural.

75 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Henrik Halmstrand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Closing out this old suggestion as current app picker and release of SPHome largely addresses navigation between one’s my site (OneDrive for Business), sites one is following, and promoted links/sites. If there are current gap scenarios please open/drive support for new suggestions. Thanks!

6 comments

Comments are closed
  • Jason Lacovara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It called Breadcrumbs, and we need them at our site and every time we figure out how to make them work, MS changes something without warning and breaks it.

• Matt Karns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a real pain when you've gone several levels of subsites into a collection and have no convenient way of clicking back to the top level site. It confuses the hell out of my users. The fact it isn't at least MODIFIABLE is atrocious.

• Sebastian Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During our customer projects, we had the same issue regarding to SharePoint cross site collection and web application navigation. Therefore, we implement a solution based on terms that allows you to navigate through site collections and web applications. We used the SharePoint suite bar to support the best optical and reachable integration. So in regard to Henriks requirements our solutions allows you to navigate back from your my site. :-)

So if you are interested (as customer) or Microsoft feel free to contact us. Please find here some information’s: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9DBFD0115B853CAC%21109

We are looking forward to find something similar in SharePoint 2016.

• Dennis G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's wrong with "Sites" in the suite bar? I believe there won't be much attention as the MySite is discontinued and Yammer will be used instead. A better "global navigation" concept including Yammer is already existing with the new top left app-menu in O365.

Feedback and Knowledge Base