SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Full integration of SharePoint calendar with Outlook calendar

Allow custom fields in SharePoint calendar available to view and update from Outlook

792 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the location field auto populate with addresses and show a map of the location when event details are opened

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess this is never going to happen - apparently they've been "Thinking About IT" since March '16...

• Forsch Sen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Require to display/edit custom fields from SharePoint Calendar from within Outlook Calendar

• Frank Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make SP calendar event notifications addable to an Outlook Web App calendar. When I receive an event notification in my email from SP I can't add that event to my Outlook Web App calendar. I have to manually type in the event to my calendar. This functionality is available from other websites, eg if I receive an event notification from EventBrite I can click to add it to my OWA calendar.

• Ricardo Flores commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the integration of the calendar from outlook to sharepoint, and that we can reserve resources with both of them, more fields and a way to use the calendar with more than just making appointments

• Ricardo Flores commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the integration of the calendar from outlook to sharepoint, and that we can reserve resources with both of them, more fields and a way to use the calendar with more than just making appointments

• Uwe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft thinks for more then 2 years now if they really need to pick up on the user voice. Office 365 becomes Office 730+

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best part, 557 votes..and not 1 response from the SharePoint team...Come on Microsoft get your stuff together!

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not really needing the Outlook Calendar, but atleast add the Email Extension to be able to activated in SharePoint Site Collection Features.

We currently have a need for its functionality and can only get it via a 3rd party. Kinda ridiculous we have to pay for more things when my company already pays enough to Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting office 365 services to work together should be a basic design principal for all of the apps. It's amazing that this "single platform" makes users duplicate work or information.

• Noah Diegel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be considered basic functionality! We want our SharePoint homepage to be a jump-off point to start your morning, and a quick reference to see what's happening around the company. Being able to view all of the meetings happening for the day or week in a list on the front page is key.

It is a real pain that a meeting invite cannot be forwarded to a SharePoint Calendar, and attendees/rooms cannot be invited from the SharePoint calendar anymore, and that a SharePoint Calendar easily integrated into the Outlook 2016/365 views.

Please reinstate these essential integration capabilities.

O365 is getting more and more siloed!

• Gauthier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also to support occupation type (Free/Busy/Out of Office/Working Elsewhere) from Outlook in SharePoint! (much easier to implement!)

We just shifted to Office 365. We lost the functionality of being able to invite SharePoint calendars to meetings through a simple Outlook meeting request. Now every meeting request needs to be done twice. Why did that capability not come over from the original SharePoint??

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customized CATEGORIES and for meeting requests/updates, ability to keep all the versions especially on recurring meetings where agendas and participants change over time, in addition to supporting "mandatory", "optional" and "resource/room" bookings would be ideal.

• speedydaniel84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the "Category" Choice field to get a colored calendar overlay. In Outlook this categories are not visible and also not editable. If you will redesign it please keep this topic in mind. Would be great to change the field values directly in outlook.

• D Mogren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this function as well. I have three rooms which are often in use together but can be booked separately by administrators. I want to import the outlook calendars from all three rooms into a Sharepoint calendar view where each day shows all meetings scheduled in any of the rooms.

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I want is to be able to overlay events from our team's exchange calendars on a single sharepoint list. With the new Teams/Groups on Office 365/SharePoint I thought this would be a no-brainer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base