Ability to save a file directly into a library and choose the metadata
There are some ways but they are limited. They don’t work in some situations or from any application. The saving experience to a shared drive is still so much more consistent!
- Use a favorite/add network location/map network drive
- In Office, we can choose where to save, pin in each application
- Save from an email: a message or attachment by saving on the desktop
It would be amazing to be able to:
1. Mark all sites (or libraries) where we would want to save (shortcuts)
2. Click on save in any application and be able to choose one of our shortcuts
3. Update the metadata (even change the file name if desired)
4. Click on the button ‘Save’ or ‘Save and open the location’
Oh god yes please. This is a must have feature.
OneDrive is still a broken abortion of a program. No we don't want to sync, we just want to manage a list of cloud connected favorite shortcuts. Albeit to Libraries, sites, site collections or even folders.
The ability for ANY Windows app to be able to save to SharePoint is a must. With this you must need an ability to manage favorite locations let it be sites or libraries or even folders.
Right now we have modified our WinX SOE to bring back the Windows Explorer favorites. This enables users to set favorite locations on sharepoint that can be renamed to something meaningful like "Finance Documents" and not just a bunch of libraries called "Shared Documents" as occurs when using Quick Access - FAIL.
ALL APPS need a solution, not just bloody MS Office. MS Office is not the only app that users create work on and need to share.
Vince Jennings commented
It would be great to set categorisation metadata without having to check-out a document
In the modern library, not having the ability to select metadata upon uploading is a huge set back.
Office 365 Japan Support Team commented
*English follows Japanese
■Title(件名)：Microsoft Stream ファイルのアップロードについて
Regarding the upload of Microsoft Stream files.
■Description_JP (内容):Microsoft Stream にファイルのアップロードの手段として、ファイルを複数まとめてアップロードできる機能があると業務の効率が良くなるので機能追加を希望します。
I hope the addtional feature to be available that could enable to upload the multiple files in bulk as an upload method for Microsoft Stream's files so as to enhance our work efficiency.