SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

drag and drop images in wiki pages and blogs

other CMS systems already allow this functionality. Instead of having to save an image somewhere and then upload it to SharePoint, let me just drag / drop images on the wiki and blog pages. Would be ideal for screenshots

157 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Osman Beyaztas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? This is really an important feature. Without this the Wiki feels like a tool from the 90's

• André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the moment: open a text web part and copy the image into the text web part..

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the ability to crop images would be extremely helpful.
        Also, to me "IN THE PLANS" would be indicative of a decision to actually make the change.
        - Why is it followed with "...will consider for future updates?

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company wants that feature as well. Confluence has it ootb and the people like it.

• S. Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users request this often. Other blog/CMS have this modern feature. Please add this feature.

• Albrecht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, SharePoint Experience Team only took exactly 1 year and 3 month to consider to implement this feature in some future. I do hope, consideration took the longest portion of this activity.

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also interested in this feature for SharePoint Online.

Where would we be able to drag and drop the image from? We also want to get screenshots into wiki pages and multi line text fields in lists. We were thinking that the ability to be able to paste images directly, the same as Word and OneNote Online, would be ideal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base