SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple document check in

I need to be able to check in multiple documents at once. I cannot be wasting time checking in 30 documents one at a time! This feature is available on classic SharePoint. Why would you remove that?

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy - Move files : allow Site search

The copy or move function in modern document libraries is not usable if there are many site collections or libraries. we should have a search allowing us to select quickly a site (such as the Sharepoint Search returning sites) and a Library

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notify Your Team message

Can you please remove "Notify your team" notification? It is very annoying as I upload many, many files every day. Is it possible to have a setting to turn this off?

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the feature to display the borders of the table properly in the modern UI.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    モダンUIのカスタム リストにおいて、複数行テキストに挿入した表の罫線を表示させる機能について

Improve the feature to display the borders of the table properly in the modern UI.

■Description(内容)
    カスタム リストの列に複数行テキスト形式の列を作成し、その列に表を挿入した際に、クラッシック表示では表の罫線が表示されるが、モダン表示だと表の罫線が表示されない。
    表の機能として、罫線の表示がないと大変見にくいため、モダン表示のカスタムリストにおいても、列内で表の罫線が表示されるように機能拡充を希望します。

I am aware of that when I created multiline texts on the columns of custom lists and inserted the table into the custom list, the borders of the table were not displayed in modern UI despite the table borders were displayed in the Classic UI.
    It is hard to see the table without borders, so I hope the feature will be improved to display the borders even in the modern UI.

Thank you for your…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Search Bars

This new view does not have the search bars. We have spent a lot of time teaching our staff to use the search bars. (There used to be two: one to search for files within current folder and one to search the entire site.) Please give them back!!!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Modern Document Sets Moving and Copying

Now that the Modern document set is released we need the ability to move and copy these to other libraries and or collections. Document sets are an ECM function and used mostly for solution building and not having the ability to move them for archiving purposes makes them an unfinished solution.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable deleting the version history for the files at once in SharePoint Document Library.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):バージョン履歴の一括削除について
    Enable deleting the version history for the files at once in SharePoint Document Library.

■Description(内容):
    現時点での SharePoint Online の機能ではドキュメント ライブラリなどに保存されているファイルのバージョン履歴はファイル毎でしか削除を行うことできない。
    また、バージョン履歴の保持数を保持しているバージョン数よりも少ないバージョンに設定を変更しても、アイテムの編集を行わない限り古いバージョンが保持されたままの状態となる。
    作成されているバージョンをサイト単位またはライブラリ単位で一括削除や一括でバージョン履歴の保持数を指定した値に変更する機能の追加を希望いたします。
    Currently, we can only delete the version history of files stored in Document Library by each file.
    Also, the old version will be retained unless we edit the items when we change the setting of the preservation numbers of version history to less than we preserved.

Therefore, we hope to add the feature that can be bulk deleted versions by each site or library or change the preservation number of version history to the…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default Copy Link option should be Those who already have access

Default Copy Link option should be "Those who already have access" so that the link we get is the pure one and we don't uselessly create a new URL

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete files

Please provide clear delete button for deleting files from Outlook 365 Groups.

I want to delete a file that I accidentally uploaded and cannot find how, it is very frustrating.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. File Search

A file search on every folder screen would be extremely helpful. Especially considering you've added virtual scrolling when the folder contains several files; it can be a little tedious if the file is at the bottom and you have to wait on virtual scrolling to load more than once.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The default "Copy Link" should end with file extension, not with ?csf=1

The default link created using the "Copy Link" feature adds "?csf=1" after the file extension. This causes issues when trying to open the link directly in user applications. The link should end with the file extension, such as .pdf or .docx. It should be the file path so that authenticated users can use it however they want and not have to open the link in the browser, which doesn't support all file types.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep Infopath alive ! We need rich forms in SharePoint.

We have the tool for that, it just needs a few improvements to become userfriendly (such as automatic name for infopath documents in a Library, easy retrieving for current user properties,...)

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix is locked for shared use

For whatever reasons, when working with files, I get the "is locked for shared use by" message when trying to move a file. And I am the one locking the file... How can I lock the file myself ? I run no flows, I have only shared the file to the user. Those kind of issues are very annoying and very specific to SharePoint mysteries. End users don't understand those messages. After a while the lock seems released.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SharePoint connector for mac

A connection for mac to SharePoint Libraries similar to OneDrive for Business link in Finder

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sticky Headers

It would be great if the headings of a document library or list scroll down the page when you are scrolling down the list/library (sticky headings).
    I currently use Jquery in the old experience to do this but the new experience does not allow Jquery and does not have a built in sticky header feature.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Download Multiples

'Copy To' feature should allow user to select and save multiples to desktop or any computer location. Why can I only download one at a time, but I can upload multiples? It should allow drag/drop of multiples either direction, especially since Open with Explorer option is no longer available.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Calculated columns to Group By Totals

Calculated columns are groovy but they are useless when used in combination of Group By Totals. The value in the row is not available to any of the Total calculations (Sum, Standard Deviation, etc.). The user is forced to calculate items in a workflow.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Getting back Connecting with Office

I would like to get the functionality back in Office 2016 to be able to upload document templates connected to the library you are connecting. If its not planned the button in the ribbon for connecting to office don't have a meaning.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple files Check In/Check Out with new look

With the new SharePoint document libraries "New look", I can not do the multiple check Out/check in. It would be nice to have that option handy.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base