SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Document name needs to be shown correctly

I am having issues locating the document I want to view as sharepoint doesn't allow me to view the entire name of the document meaning I have to view thirty or forty documents until I find what I want. Please design it so the entire wording of the document is shown to make it more efficient for us to us. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Verschieben nach Funkion auch bei geöffneten Dokument

Zum Sortieren von Dokumenten reicht die Kachelansicht meist nicht aus. Leider steht in der Großansicht (öffnen des Dokuments im Browser) nur eine "Kopieren nach" - Funktion und nicht mehr die "Verschieben nach" - Funktion zur Verfügung.

Es wäre schön, wenn die "Verschieben nach" - Funktion auch im geöffneten Dokument verfügbar wäre - oder eine größere Vorschaufunktion im re Fensterteil möglich wäre.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow adding specific file to Favorites

Add a right-click option to add a specific file in the file library to your Favorites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SW manual

Along with installation manual, it would be interesting a link to the current SVT or how to use the current (or the latest delivered) SW version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. it will be ok on PDF format

I will be glad if I can have the G.R.O.W model coaching toolkit in a PDF format sent to my mail, thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SDKLJFSNFJKN

hfliEUSCNLKJFJSENHFLUKNHJK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove document

If you have upload document you must be able to remove this document when you own them? Why must i ask for permission?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. gggh

no idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow granting different permissions to folders and files individually

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ファイルとフォルダーの個別の権限設定について

Allow granting different permissions to folders and files individually

■Description(内容):
    現在 [投稿] のアクセス許可レベルの中には、[アイテムの追加] や [アイテムの編集] などの権限が含まれているが、"アイテム" には、リスト アイテム、ファイル、フォルダーが含まれる。
    ファイルの追加や編集、削除などは可能とし、フォルダーの追加や編集、削除などは行わせたくないユーザーがいるため、ファイルとフォルダーに対する権限を分けて設定できるように機能を追加してほしい。

Users with [Contribute] permission can add and edit items including list items, files and folders. However, there are some users we would like to allow them to add, edit and delete only files, not folders.

For ease of management, we hope you to add a feature that can set different type of permissions to folders and files individually.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. coloured folders

please give the ability to have different colour folders!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag and click

Mettre en place le click&drag: il est très peu pratique de déplacer des dossier actuellement (différence notable par rapport à GoogleDrive). merci!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "New" Menu - Organise with Folders

When clicking New within a document library, we need the ability to group all the templates into a folder. I have a site with over 300 templates with different categories which makes finding files difficult within this menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. organize

How after I do a search I can put documents into one folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. open in explorer

Let me open this up in a file with exploerer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set folder defaults at time of folder creation

Allow users to add default values to folders upon creation of the folder rather than having to go into the library settings area to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find an item

Could we change history list to read most current date at the top? This would make it so much easier to see if work requests need to be entered or, if one already exsists.-Please/Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change library column values when document is not checked out

The document libraries we use have check out enforced with minor and major versioning...its the basis of our Quality Management System that documents must be checked out to make changes so that there are no accidental revisions of documents....ie auto save is not good for managing the control of company policies procedures etc in accordance with ISO 9001 (Quality Management Standard)

The libraries contain custom columns for reference number, document owner, category, sub category etc - say someone leaves the company all we want to do is change the name in the Document Owner column or if we have to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable restoring items in a list with “Content Approval” turned on without approving the items again

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    承認機能を有効にしたリスト内のアイテム復元について

Enable restoring items in a list with “Content Approval” turned on without approving the items again

■Description(内容):
    "コンテンツの承認" 機能を有効にしたリストにてバージョン履歴より、承認済みのアイテムの復元をした場合でも再度承認が必要となります。
    アイテムの復元が当該アイテムに対して変更を加えたと判定されるため、再度承認が必要となるものだと思いますが、すでに承認されているアイテムの復元を行う場合には任意で承認済みのまま復元できる機能の拡充を要望します。

On a list with “Content Approval” feature turned on, if users restore the approved items from the version history, the content approval for the restored items is required again. I assume that it requires contents approval again because restoring items is considered as a change to the items, but I would like to skip this process.
    I would like to have an option to restore approved items without approving them again.

Thank you for your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Obsevar carpetas compartidas de sharpoint derecto en el app o en one drive

me gustaria tener acceso directo a mis carpetas compartidas de forma dorecta en el app y en one drive sin ser redireccionado a la version onlie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. space of Column

can we have a function of PULL to allow user to extend space of column, then show the full document name in share point? thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base