SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to manage downloading files

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office ファイル以外のファイルへのダウンロード制御機能について

Ability to manage downloading files

現在、ユーザーに "閲覧のみ" 権限を付与することで Office ファイルのダウンロードを制御することは可能だが、それ以外の動画や画像ファイルなどはダウンロード制御を行うことができないので、できるようにしてほしい。

Provide ability to restrict downloading of files that are not office files (e.g. videos, images). As far as we know, we cannot restrict downloading files except office files.

Thank you for your consideration.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable experiencing a page, solution or site as a different user, e.g. provide the ability to impersonate a user with fewer rights

As Microsoft increasingly supports tailored experiences, we need the ability to operate as a user with equivalent or fewer credentials, including just not being the person who added information.

For example, a site owner who made updates to a site is seeing Updated Pages (with explicit pages underneath) in the left navigation, but has no rights to remove the navigation and didn't realize that other people weren't seeing those pages.

Another case was where the SCA had no issue opening a document with embedded documents, but it would not open for site owners and contributors.

In our on-prem environment, I…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Confluence type capabilities to SharePoint Wiki

Atlassian Confluence is offering a bunch of wiki capabilities that make using the wiki as an effective collaboration tool very easy. I think if SharePoint could create similar solutions it would be very beneficial towards helping organizations maintain living wiki libraries. Some examples...

• Allow users to create wiki page templates (also perhaps offer out of box wiki page templates to suggest best practices)

• Improve the organizing experience for wiki pages. While the typical library experience is OK I think offering a parallel drag, drop hierarchy with a drill down experience would provide a more natural navigation structure for user in…
    65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize SharePoint Sites Page

Give users the ability to customize this landing page. For example, I would like to see all of the sites I am following instead of just my frequent ones or suggested ones. I know there is a search box, which I sometimes utilize, but it's not very noticeable so I forget it's there. Also, what's the difference between "Frequent" sites and "Recent" sites listed on the left? Seems redundant to me yet there are different sites listed? Doesn't make that much sense to me. Thank you.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better site usage analytics

There should be more robust analytics on site usage. What is available now is very limited. For example, I can see total page views in the past 7 days, and the trending section for most viewed pages over the past two weeks, but in the trending section it just shows the blue bar, I can't even hover to get a number of page visits. Overall, improvement is needed in the area of site usage metrics.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove deleted sites from SharePoint Home

On the 'Frequent sites' section of my home SharePoint page, it would be nice if deleted site collections were automatically removed from the 'Frequent sites' section. Clicking on the deleted site is just going to result in a '404' error.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regarding the feature to fix the column width for the list or document library

■Title(件名):

リストやライブラリの列幅の設定機能を要望
    Regarding the feature to fix the column width for the list or document library

■Description(内容):

現在、モダン UI のリストやライブラリでは、列幅を一時的に変更が可能な機能が存在するが、列幅を固定する機能ではないため、改めてリストやライブラリへアクセスすると、デフォルトの列幅で表示されてしまう。
    クラシック UI では一時的にも列幅の変更ができない。
    アイテムによって列の情報が見づらいことがあるため、管理者が列ごとに幅の既定値を設定する機能の実装を要望いたします。

Currently, we have the feature to adjust the width of column on lists or document library with Modern UI.
    However, the adjustment is temporary, and the width of column will be reverted to the default once users access again those list or library. (This feature is not implemented on Classic UI).

Some lists or library have large information for their column, so we hope the feature will be implemented allow administrators to fix…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Sharepoint User Friendly

It would be nice if the look and feel of share point was more windows based and user friendly. Its very archaic and challenging to navigate. A search engine inside of the program to pull information would be helpful. I have a lot of sales reps and customer service people who have rudimentary computer skills who continually are unable to use functionally and as a result I am unable to communicate information effectively.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow using mail-enabled security group in Microsoft Stream

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream で [メールが有効なセキュリティ グループ] を利用できるようにしたい

Allow using mail-enabled security group in Microsoft Stream

Microsoft Stream において、チャンネルやグループの作成をを含め Microsoft Stream 全体で [メールが有効なセキュリティ グループ] を利用できるよう機能拡充を要望します。

Allow using mail-enabled security group in Microsoft Stream, include channel and group creation.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add option to move list items

■Title(件名):
    リスト アイテムを移動する機能の追加について

Add option to move list items

これまでリスト アイテムの移動が必要な場合、[コンテンツと構造] 機能を利用していましたが、本機能が 2019 年 3 月をもって完全に廃止されることを確認しました。
    しかしながら、代替機能となる [ファイルの移動とコピー] はライブラリ アイテムでのみ利用が可能であり、リスト アイテムの移動では利用することが出来ません。
    リスト アイテムの移動が必要となる場合を想定し機能の追加を希望します。

Whenever we need to move the items, “Site Content and Structure” feature, which will be retired in Mar 2019, was usually used. Instead, to move the items now we have “Move/Copy files”, which only limited to move library items but not list items. For improvement of usability and manageability, implement the feature that help moving list items as well.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow change of the external sharing invitation language settings

■Title(件名):
    共有をする際に送付する招待メールの言語を任意で設定できるようにしてほしい。

Allow change of the external sharing invitation language settings

SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business の共有を行う際に送付する招待メールの言語は、現時点では招待する側の言語設定に依存する動作となることを確認している。
    外国在住のユーザーに対して外部共有を行う際に招待メールの言語を任意で選択できるように機能拡充を要望します。

By default, external sharing invitation languages are set based on our side of language settings.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, allow changing sharing invitation language settings to any desired language.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. See all sites where i have permissions

I want to have an overview of all the sites where I have permissions. Not only for recent and sites I'm following.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable browser-based spell checking in all fields, all flavors of SharePoint

Browser-based spell checking is familiar to all, and uses custom dictionaries, and provides the red squigglies as you type. It should be enabled on all single/multi-line fields and inputs in all versions and flavors of SharePoint, so that in all places where we type words we have the best chance of using the correct words and getting the information across more accurately.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow editors to change the orientation of an image **in the browser**

It would be great if editors could rotate/flip pictures within the browser in SharePoint Online (in both O365 and the upcoming SharePoint mobile app).

Scenario: We have many field users who access SPO from mobile devices and in the course of their work take pictures which they need to upload into SPO. EXIF data is not utilized when uploading pictures from a mobile device into either document libraries or picture libraries.

I have tried uploading pictures from both Android and iOS devices, into both picture and document libraries, and viewing them in FF, IE and Safari. In each scenario, the…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve the speed of Sharepoint. Pages are loading to slow

Increase speed. SharePoint is too slow. Our ICT indicates that this is outside their control. Please ensure faster loading times. Thanks for any cooperation that you can provide to make this better as it is a major issue for our business.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send feedback to Site Admins first

Send feedback to site admin first.

I'm not sure if this does already but it would be great if this feedback went to site admins. It's not clear to a user if this is to Microsoft and the SharePoint/Office 365 team or about the site itself.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep hidden OSX hidden files when uploading to Sharepoint (.ds_store)

When I upload files to Sharepoint, everyone can see OSX hidden system files such as .DS_STORE. These are files hidden to users that contain information such as position of files, size of the window etc. Windows users are not familiar with this and OSX users shouldn't see those, and I have to manually delete them in my browser.

Please make the hidden files invisible as they should be.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I prefer classic sharepoint

I really don't like the new theme.

I much prefer the original sharePoint theme. It is very hard to tell folders from files in the new theme. The flat colors make everything blend.

I also don't like that it becomes harder to copy a link to share. Dropbox lets you right click and copy the link. If you use your new theme, you have to click multiple times, select a link type and all kinds of stuff just to share a link.

This is why I'm still using the classic style using the "Return to classic sharepoint" but sharepoint seems…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the external sharing of Microsoft Stream.

■Title(件名):Microsoft Stream の外部共有について

Improve the external sharing of Microsoft Stream.

■Description_JP (内容):Microsoft Stream にアップロードした動画を社外のユーザーにも閲覧できるように希望します。

I hope that the external users will also be able to view the videos uploaded into Microsoft Stream.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Correct the behavior of Microsoft Teams when specific setting in SharePoint Admin Center is selected

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint 管理センターの設定と Teams の動作の関連について

Correct the behavior of Microsoft Teams when specific setting in SharePoint Admin Center is selected

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint 管理センターの [アクセスの制御] > [特定の IP アドレスの場所からのアクセスのみを許可します] のチェックを入れると、Teams にてファイルのアップロードができなくなった。Office 365 内のサービス間で一方の利用に支障をきたすような設定が存在するのは問題なので、急ぎ改善してほしい。

We noticed that we cannot upload files in Microsoft Teams once we selected the option [access control] > [ Only allow access from specific IP address locations] from SharePoint Admin Center.

Such behavior might be inconvenient for users who use multiple Office 365 services together, I hope you to improve this behavior as soon as possible.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base